• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

mods, i don't know where to put this thread, so i put it here, please move it to anywhere you like, but please don't delet it!! i need some insign to solve this freaking problem!!

ok, i newly install my W2k pro--upgraded from 98s(also newly installed). anyway, i have noticed that while i am doing my programming work, screen will freeze after a short period of time!! i tried it numrous times, and everytime with the same result!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: it is driving me nuts!! so i though it was my puter been not 100% stable, so i dropped everything to default, same thing. temp is fine...28c, ram is fine too, i simply refuse to believe two rated 166 and 150 high quality rams will have any diffculty handle mere 100fsb. and like i said, everything is in default, and this is a newly installed system!! i am going to smash the thing into pieces if i cannot finish my work!! help!!

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
have you run anysort of stablity tests at your overclocked stetting

if not i would

if you really need your work done just back off your settings

turd

yet to see a stable upgrade of 2K onto 98, guess it can happen, but you really should go woth a fresh install

CPU idle, or any software that uses the HLT cmd with 2K can freez it up like u describe

look in your Rclick mycomputer\manage\event viewer application and system logs see what they have to say about what is going on