• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Helpful threads master-thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
Hey guys, based on popular demand and seeing how it makes a lot of sense, I am trying to sum up our helpful threads into a single directory instead of sticking one too many threads. So here we go:

First off, getting started, but that will remain stickied, it is meant to be a introduction to mining and not overwhelm the reader with too much info.
Now lets have some sections for organization purposes:

Mining hardware (GPUs, mobos, modding, etc)

our own GPU database by hashrate

Power efficiency thread

How to optimize your GPU clocks for best hash a very good thread containing automated optimization soft and advice

bios flashing guide, undervolting your gpu if a key power saver in mining, but most cards require you to flash the bios

List of motherboards truly supporting 5 or more GPUs

Mining software (clients and other helping soft):

sminer modded cgminer allowing extra options

BAMT dedicated linux miner serving as both OS and miner

Coins

New coins heads-up thread

CPU coins and discussion (atm down to XPM only)

DIY Vanity(customized recieve address) for Cryptos!

Exchanges and news

basic list of how to cash out from the getting started

Cryptocurrency exchange news

Buying direct

Retailers accepting cryptocurrency

Last edited:
now guys this is a first draft, i am quite tired atm, but figured id get the ball rolling, i would appreciate suggestions from you as to what else to include, but lets not turn this into a full discussion thread either, i will of course reformat and make it better readable once i regain some strength :)

Back