• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hercules Gamesurround Muse 5.1 DVD sound card, PROBLEMS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

Ok, I found out why I'm having problems with my system. The problems were my usb optical mouse had to be unlugged and plugged back in at startup in order for it to work. And when I booted up it would go to a blank screen for about 2 minutes before windows proceeded to load to the "welcome" screen.

I used the system restore feature of Win XP and went back to the time before I installed the drivers, I did not have the problems anymore. So I installed the Hercules sound card drivers and right when they were done my optical mouse light went off. Requiring me to unplugg and replug it back in, in order to use the mouse. Then I restarted my computer and after the Win XP Home loading screen was done it would go to the blank screen for around 2 minutes before going to the welcome screen. The same problems were back! So these drivers are messing my system up. I dunno if its a USB conflict or what, and i dont even know what the blank screen at startup is all about.

I made sure the onboard sound on my Epox 8K5A2+ was disabled.

Are there any new drivers availible that will fix this?

system specs are in sig.
please help.

thanks.