• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's a list of acceptable PSUs:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oklahoma Wolf said:
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I can't find the reviews I was thinking of... went through about 4 others that all showed up as Enhance, so I'll go edit the post. Thx for the info.

Thanks for doing the work of verifying and editing your list! Just wanted to make sure the info was correct from what I know is true. It is quite amazing what you have complied above, really.

For those looking at the list, keep in mind that while it does give a fairly good indication of quality, it is not always accurate (I am sure Oklahoma Wolf has mentioned this before, right?). One brand's power is not necessarily better simply because it came from a better PSU manufacturer. Take Antec for example, Channel Well was widely considered a low end PSU maker until Antec came along with their own designs and manufacturing expertise. Now while Channel Well continues to sell lower priced PSU on their own, Channel Well manufactured Antec power supplies are considered high end products!

Not sure I have mentioned that, but in some cases it's indeed true. While Deer is about as bad as it gets, Allied seems to be a little better than the norm for them. I understand that Leadman also has varying levels of quality between brands.

You're right about CWT though - I was not as impressed with their earlier models as the ones they are producing now... seems like they improved themselves a great deal upon their joining with Antec. Their own branded PSUs are essentially the same as the ones Antec gets (except those ISO models - I don't like them much). Then again, Antec is probably their biggest customer ;)

I have a Antec Truecontrol 550 and it works great especially after i tweaked all the voltage rails (which is so easy to do with this psu) . Then i sleeved it and replaced molexes w/UV ones and now i have one dead molex. Doah! oh well.

Back