• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's a new one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Christoph

JAPH Senior
I just discovered that I've made a sort of mutant hybrid mp3. My computer has the nasty habit of freaking out on occasion, so I back up all my important files on the upstiars P!!! 450@523 (I hate to download 350 MB of music after every reformat).
It seems that while I was copying my collection either onto or from the family computer, something got confused and stuck the wrong packets together. The funny thing in that the file still plays like normal, except that it's a random mix of four different songs.
Anybody else have this happen?

It seems that while I was copying my collection either onto or from the family computer, something got confused and stuck the wrong packets together. The funny thing in that the file still plays like normal, except that it's a random mix of four different songs.
Hey, your own custom medley! Cool. ;-)

No, I've never had this happen, but I can see how it could. From what I understand, MP3 is a stream-able format. So each packet is a discrete piece of the song, not just a part of a piece.

Adovbs

Back