• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's a question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Punkmasterflick

I want to know what sideband addressing is and how to enable it, if it increases preformance. Also how to enable fast write... i have a geforce 3 ti200 and i was looking around and things say that it supports both of these. 3dmark does anyhow. Thanks in advance.

funnyperson1

you should be able to adjust these using tweakers such as powerstrip rivatuner or nvmax, sidebanding and fastwrites give little performance increase, while increasing chances of instability

john240sx

fastwrites lets the processor communicate directly to the videocard bypassing the system memory (you'll see a slightly larger gain when using SD ram then you will when using DDR or RD ram)

to use fastwrites your motherboard needs to support it and it must be activated in the BIOS. you can use Sisoftware Sandra to see if your motherboard supports fastwrites.

i use the Geforce Tweak Utility from www.guru3d.com to tweak my card, the problem is it only works with the 29.80 detonators or lower. i'm pretty sure the riva tuner will let you activate them, you can get it from the same website.

i don't know that much about sideband addressing but i know it's similar to fastwrites, your not supposed to use both at the same time because they both have the same goal.

Maxvla

you will get better scores by focusing on cooling and overclocking.

sidebanding and fastwrites give very minimal boost in score.

OP
P

Punkmasterflick

Hey thanks guys I have already overclocked this card 220/500 using rivatuner. My 3dmark is 7630, system specs. xp1700 pc2100 ( my draw back can't o/c) raid-0. but i don't think those are bad scores what do you guys think?