• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heres some good software for any SETI box with internet access

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, it's a good software. i've been using that on all of my machine. just run it once awhile.....like every month or so. the first time when i ran it on my 12yrs old nephew's machine (the PIII700@1000 in my sig.), there's like 60+ spyware spotted. in memory, registry, hard drive, everywhere! most r from some crappy MP3 software (Audiogalaxy to be exact!! stay away from it!!), and some other crap that he installed (like Gator, etc.).

i've clean up all of them, and delete most of the spyware included software (Gator, Audiogalaxy, etc.).

that machine used to have pop-up/under ad. every single time it get to the net!! even yahoo, mircosoft, SETI@Berkeley, etc., no matter which site he's going to, it just pops right up!

now, of course it's running fine again.....

highly recommand this little software to everyone!!! ;)

Great software, I've been using it for a long time. Dig around and you will find version 5.7...thats the latest. Be sure to DL the signature update program companion too. Just like antivirus software, ad-aware needs to be updated too!

Yeah I had 21 on my main box and I checked out my little brothers comp and he had 31. The Gator and Audiogalaxy stuff really take some effort to completely remove.

Also Adaware says that their software must be run then computer must be restarted and the software must be run again to completely clear out some advertizing systems...so run it again fellas just to make sure

And here is the link for the latest version 5.7 (thanks BadThad) http://www.majorgeek.com/index2.html

And the file

Back