• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Dude its a Dell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
I was playing arround with my old Dell p2 300 today seeing what jumpers i could change. Weirdly enough I could set the processor speed at 133, 200, 233, 300. This was without changing FSB. Hmm my guts telling me that this chip is unlocked. too bad I couldn't set it above default of 300 :(

This model is the dimensionxps d300 but I know they make a d333 which i think is the same thing with a p2 333. I'm wondering if I flashed the d333 bios onto my board if it would give me the extra 333 processor setting? any ideas?

OP
Ebola

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
well it gave me the options but it didnt work. dell probably has a lock on the system. I can only underclock this chip. When i set the chip speed above 300 it boots at 133?

Last edited:
OP
Ebola

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
I'm running linux on the machine. I dont think soft fsb was proted to linux. correct me if i'm wrong here.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
your probly have a PRE AUG 98 P2 in that box.
The mulitplier will be locked UP, but unlocked down...
So your P2 300 will have all 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x, 3.5x, 4x, 4.5x unlocked. 5x and up locked....

What good does that really do?
133FSB (have a 333 @ 3x133, and its one fast 400)