• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey guys, MSI Cards ok for folding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ottoaxel

I know I'm revealing how out of touch I am, but.....

I haven't touched MSI products in over a decade after they burnt me on non existent warranty coverage. I "hear" they've turned things around since then.

Seriously contemplating hitting the buy button on an MSI vid card for my Christmas present, gotta love Santa. I'm long overdue on an upgrade and I don't see any good EVGA deals at the moment.

So what's the skinny, do MSI cards hold up to folding?

Thanks buds,

otto

They are as OK as any other manufacturer card IMHO.

Had a few. Last was a 780 ti thas was clocking like a beast (1400MHz+). Luck of the draw though...

My choice is EVGA for NVidia GPUs, best customer support ever!

For AMD, not much of a préference.

I'm running an MSI GTX 1070, F@H 24/7, in one of my rigs for the past year. Got the Seahawk edition. I've got no complaints. Getting about 500,000-550,000 PPD from it.

I was wary of getting a MSI as well, I'm usually a PNY/EVGA guy but my 1080ti popped up open box at microcenter so I jumped on it. No problems thus far. Folding 24/7 and when it's not, it is playing Destiny 2 in 4k with everything but FOV maxed.

I got burnt repeatedly by MSI so I have stayed away from their graphics cards but that's just my personal experience with them. I had purchased two really high end MSI cards for SLI, they failed due to cooling fan issues so I RMA's them. They sent me back lesser cards. I didn't catch them on the first one and they fought me when they did the same on the second card. It took a month or so with the BBB to get something fair. I'm not looking to repeat that again with them. This was back in the GTX 660 days I think.

I got burnt repeatedly by MSI so I have stayed away from their graphics cards but that's just my personal experience with them. I had purchased two really high end MSI cards for SLI, they failed due to cooling fan issues so I RMA's them. They sent me back lesser cards. I didn't catch them on the first one and they fought me when they did the same on the second card. It took a month or so with the BBB to get something fair. I'm not looking to repeat that again with them. This was back in the GTX 660 days I think.

It's just as well you don't order anything from MSI, soon as they see your name they will say "It's that trouble maker again" :rofl::rofl::rofl::chair:

This is exactly my concern, and 660 era is more recent than I like to hear in this situation.

Thanks for all the input guys. In the meantime "The Boss" has recanted a bit on her support for my decision to upgrade, I contemplated too long I guess. Time to re-enter negotiations. Wish me luck.

Back