• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey , hey - thermoengine - Ima believer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scotto46

Registered
I have a 1.33tbird axia I run at 1506 at 1.85v. I have tried the swiftech 370a, and the taisol biggie with deltas on both. My idle temps were always 42-44 and my load temps up to 51c.
I was skepticle of this "marketing ploy" , but thought what the hey.
I am now idleing at 37-38 and just ran cpu stability tester for 1 hour in hardcore mode and max was 41c! So far after hours of gaming my max was 45c.
I hate to say it, but this freekin' gimmick works ! I also like the "backwards clip" . The screwdriver side is on the side where you can't slip and scratch your pcb.

Don't ask! :_P

Yup, I have it and my high temps dropped aroung 10 C. I have no idea what my idle temps are as I never idle...

I wouldn't put too much faith in the readings you get from your socket thermistor and the thermoengine. The thermoengine tricks the thermistor by cooling the PGA package.

If it cools the pga package , isnt the core attached to the package cooled too ?
The thermistor is under the core , and I know from my geforce2 ultra that cooling the backside of the chip helped me overclock more.
If I am standing on a sidewalk and my feet are hot , and you cool the sidewalk , won't that in essence cool my feet , too ?

scotto46 (Apr 05, 2001 10:49 p.m.):
If it cools the pga package , isnt the core attached to the package cooled too ?
The thermistor is under the core , and I know from my geforce2 ultra that cooling the backside of the chip helped me overclock more.
If I am standing on a sidewalk and my feet are hot , and you cool the sidewalk , won't that in essence cool my feet , too ?

Yeah but the heat conduit from the sidewalk to your feet is more direct than the PGA package to the core. Your feet are not being fooled but the thermistor is. Wait until the Palomino is released with a temp sensor in the die. Time always bares out the truth.

Back