• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HEY!!! they make a fitting to get ur power cord out of ur sealed RES!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

iv had my 4x4 electrical box res open for about 2mo now... and iv been trien to figure out an easy way to have my power cord sealed but yet removable... ie. i dont want my pump attached to my lid or res or watever i wanted to be able to remove my pump completly for whatever reason....

any way iv had alot of trouble figuring out how to do this...

then kinda by accident i stumbled accross EXACTLY what i was looking for!!

i dont have pics of it on my res but here it is

iv had my 4x4 electrical box res open for about 2mo now... and iv been trien to figure out an easy way to have my power cord sealed but yet removable... ie. i dont want my pump attached to my lid or res or watever i wanted to be able to remove my pump completly for whatever reason....

any way iv had alot of trouble figuring out how to do this...

then kinda by accident i stumbled accross EXACTLY what i was looking for!!

i dont have pics of it on my res but here it is

http://www.aifittings.com/c_6.htm#NMUF50

it work like dis....
after u attach it to ur res u run ur power cord through the slot and as u screw down the ehh.. nut thingy on top it compresses the slotted rubber gasket around the cord till its nice and snugg and water tight :D :D

im very happy to find this piece made my life alot easier all i had to do was drill a 3/4 hole in my res lid and bling it was done :D

lol u probly already all new about it but.. ehh i have not seen any of you with one so i thought i would post this any way...

NOW i have 1 last problem... knowing my water level inside my 4x4 sealed res.... plz let me know of ur simple cheap [money goen into paintball gun right now]solution to this problem...

it work like dis....
after u attach it to ur res u run ur power cord through the slot and as u screw down the ehh.. nut thingy on top it compresses the slotted rubber gasket around the cord till its nice and snugg and water tight :D :D

im very happy to find this piece made my life alot easier all i had to do was drill a 3/4 hole in my res lid and bling it was done :D

lol u probly already all new about it but.. ehh i have not seen any of you with one so i thought i would post this any way...

NOW i have 1 last problem... knowing my water level inside my 4x4 sealed res.... plz let me know of ur simple cheap [money goen into paintball gun right now]solution to this problem...

Last edited:
Put a fill cap at the top of your res using the top of a soda bottle, and you will be able to check the water level from that.

42.jpg

your res is nice and air tight right? how often do u have to fill ur res?... ill have to keep in mind ur box is 6x6

natopotato said:
your res is nice and air tight right? how often do u have to fill ur res?... ill have to keep in mind ur box is 6x6

Perfectly air tight. No leaks at all. I had to use a res this size because it is the smallest one my pump would fit in.

this is probably somewhat harder than slipknots suggestion, but here goes:

get long rectangle piece of plexi-glas or the like to use as a gauge. Dremel or razorblade and drill out a rectangle shape into the side of your res. Epoxy or (insert your favorite sealant here) the plexi window into the side. Then you can tell the water level.

Thought it wouldn't provide a way to fill it, just to check the level....

Back