• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hi i am looking to make a new gaming pc are these parts good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@ed:

Come back to the link of the garbage PSU. In the "overview", I found this:

"Because everything “just works” right out of the box, it involves virtually no extra effort to get a PC – new or old – up and running."

This is.... priceless

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: right? Until it puffs out some magic smoke (that wont give you a buzz) and takes out your PC with it! Boy oh boy...

hey i have a quick question the ASRock Z77 pro 4 and pro 3 what is the diffrence are they just as good?
Not too terribly much.. I think there are less power phases, so when overclocking things may run a bit warmer... but with moderate overclocks, that board would be fine.

m is for microATX: the size of the PCB is just smaller :)

I don't think there are any significant difference between them except the number of PCIe slots, but I could be wrong since I didn't even know this MB exist!! :D (not a micro ATX user ^^')

Not too terribly much.. I think there are less power phases, so when overclocking things may run a bit warmer... but with moderate overclocks, that board would be fine.

the m version is 13 euro cheaper so should i just get the extreme 4
also i have a 300 watt psu laying around of GOOD quality it will not explode is 300 wat enough i doubt it but what do you think

the m version is 13 euro cheaper so should i just get the extreme 4
also i have a 300 watt psu laying around of GOOD quality it will not explode is 300 wat enough i doubt it but what do you think

Could you give us a link to your 300W PSU? :)

It depends on your OCing target since OCing increases the power consumption...

IF your PSU really does 300W, then you could make it ( a 7770 + i5 3570K at stock level + the rest ~200W max). I wouldn't recommend to go over 250W with a 300W PSU (in long term).
If you plan a moderate OC (like 4.2 GHz), then it still should be fine IF the PSU is quality ;)

Could you give us a link to your 300W PSU? :)

It depends on your OCing target since OCing increases the power consumption...

IF your PSU really does 300W, then you could make it ( a 7770 + i5 3570K at stock level + the rest ~200W max). I wouldn't recommend to go over 250W with a 300W PSU (in long term).
If you plan a moderate OC (like 4.2 GHz), then it still should be fine IF the PSU is quality ;)

i can not give you a link because i pulled it out of another pc
i will take some pics later and post them here

Oh yeah? Screenshots of the label with all the info so we can confirm.

That said, with overclocking, 300W is a bit low... and leaves absolutely zero room for getting a better GPU down the road.

Oh yeah? Screenshots of the label with all the info so we can confirm.

That said, with overclocking, 300W is a bit low... and leaves absolutely zero room for getting a better GPU down the road.

ok then i will just get a new one and what kind of case should i get i mean how many fans should be in there etc

Case is up to you really. The one you selected is fine to me. Just make sure it has a couple intake and exhaust and all will be well.

Case is up to you really. The one you selected is fine to me. Just make sure it has a couple intake and exhaust and all will be well.

do you know where i could get a cheap 7870 and can you have a look at this
cpu AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor - Socket AM3/AM2 + (3400MHz)
ram Corsair Vengeance RAM (PC1600, 8GB, CL9) DDR3 Memory Kit
psu Cooler Master GX650 voeding (650 watt, ATX23)
case cit jupiter
gpu Sapphire 11199-00-20G HD7870 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
hdd seagate barracuda 1tb 7200RPM
mobo Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

do you know where i could get a cheap 7870 and can you have a look at this
cpu AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor - Socket AM3/AM2 + (3400MHz)
ram Corsair Vengeance RAM (PC1600, 8GB, CL9) DDR3 Memory Kit
psu Cooler Master GX650 voeding (650 watt, ATX23)
case cit jupiter
gpu Sapphire 11199-00-20G HD7870 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
hdd seagate barracuda 1tb 7200RPM
mobo Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

650W is overkill... If you plan to upgrade, consider a 500W or so but no need for more :)

This rig is not the same budget than the other... what should we do? Stick with the other budget or this one?

The CPU is old, 3 years old... so not really worth it compared to the other CPU we previously presented :)

Be careful in your choices of CPU, I don't know what you have against the system that ED proposed you at the beginning ^^'

Back