• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi i need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Racerblade

Registered
Hi
I got a loop fore cooling my powercolor hd 5870,
the loop is XSPC Laing DDC BayRes Two with one laing ddc 18w pump and xspc rx 480 rad i got koolance qdc (high flow) no-spill shutoff
Im wondering if i can connect my cpu, nb, sb, mosfet to the loop or just cpu.
will i still have enough flow in the system
I was thinking of going full ek on motherboard, but if full motherboard cooling needs less restriktion im weary open fore sugestions or threaths to make me choos some thing else.
ill be getting a new loop after the secound month of the new year and will then have cpu mobo on it + ram
and the gpu loop will get hdds in loop if it works
second loop will be same pump and rad i got now
any innput happily recived

First thing's first - don't worry about cooling your HDDs or RAM with water. There is absolutely no reason for it. HDDs can die sooner when they run cool (at least according to Google's massive study a little while back) and you can do anything you need to with RAM with decent airflow. If you push enough voltage to need water on your RAM, they'll die soon anyway, so you don't need to worry about it.

Now, as far as your current loop, I'd say you are definitely ok adding your CPU to it. You have plenty of RAD for the CPU/GPU combo. You might be able to get away with adding the NB/SB block to it. They tend to be restrictive though, so flow may not be ideal.

Once you get your second pump, I'd run the CPU & NB/SB on one loop and the GPU & MOSFETs on the other.

What you need to ask yourself is whether your MOSFETs even get hot enough to need water cooling. They can tolerate very warm temperatures and plug away without issue. Good airflow is usually the only solution needed for them. If you haven't already, removing the stock heat sink assembly and replacing the thermal pads with decent TIM can help a lot (Ceramique or MX-2; don't use AS:5 b/c of its capacative properties).

So, if you determine you do not need your MOSFETs on water anyway, you could stick with one loop. To be darn sure you have plenty of flow, you could go with something like the XSPC dual DDC top. Heck, you could even add the MOSFETs to that loop and still have plenty of flow. More rad might be necessary at that point though.

Whew...I just typed a lot. If any of it is confusing or you want clarification, just ask!

nice thene i`ll let the hdd and ram be on air
just figured out that my ram is 80Ish degres celcius after i sound isolated my tower so now i got to add more fans nocturnal here i come 4 more please.
im going to get poor weary soon.
o the computer will probably newer get overclocked but it will be running 24\7 with one reset and cool off period of 1 houre a week.

You have very bad airflow problems if you're using an RC690 and your RAM is 80C. How is the airflow through your case set up?

1x 120front 1x120bottom 2x120 top
my computer has now bean running fore 5 days non stop at 100 cpu usage and 3,68 gb ram using boink 24\7

woops got a busted temp sensor it shows totaly wrong temps 58 degres on the other temp sensor i use now

Mine either running Folding@Home or Rosetta@Home 24/7/365 unless it's benching. My RAM is always cool-to-maybe-warm to the touch. What voltage are you running on your RAM and what is it rated at? Also, what is your ambient temperature?

EDIT - Saw your next post. That's much more reasonable. Still a bit high, but not as disconcerting as in the 80's.

Back