• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi! I'm new here and I have a question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman_qc

Registered
Hi! I've been lurking these forums for quite a while and find them to be very informative. When I look at new HS I always come here to see what you guys think.

Right now I have a Volcano 9 (wich I don't like) on a Athlon XP 2100+, set on a Gigabyte 7VRX mobo in a Thermaltake Xaser II case, so good airflow. I want something better than the Volcano 9, but with tolerable noise and better performance. I'm looking at the Coolermaster Aero7 and the Vantec Aeroflow. I would like to know what you guys think. Any other HS recommendation would be great too.

Btw, I don't OC and don't plan to. I'm not sure about water cooling since it's quite expensive.

Sartori

Registered
I'm looking at the Coolermaster Aero7 and the Vantec Aeroflow.

I just recently bought the Aero7 on Ebay. It has good reviews on it, and is a lot quieter (?) than the Volcano 9.

I think I would settle on the Aero7. The problem is I don't think that it's available to the public yet. Tough it out!:cool:

If you're hot to trot now, go out and take xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx's advice: get an slk-900 and a nice low noise fan.

OP
S

sandman_qc

Registered
Thx for the advices guys! I looked at some reviews about the Zalman CNPS7000 that Rafterman suggested. Looks good! Both estheticaly and performance wise. So you think it's better than the coolermaster and/or the vantec?

OP
S

sandman_qc

Registered
Thx! I think I'll go with the Zalman then. At first I wasn't sure it'd fit on a Athlon, but it seems so, even tho it's advertise only for Intel.

Funny thing is that the review at Lost Circuits says the AL-CU is better than the original CU. I found both at a store I usually go and the AL-CU is about 10$ less than the CU.

JDXNC

The do fit on Athlons.

What type of 2100 is yours? Tbred or palimino? here is its compatibility:

Compatible with Socket Type CPUs

Compatible with Socket Type CPUs

Socket 462 - AMD Duron, AMD Athlon, AMD Athlon XP
Socket 423 - INTEL Pentium 4

CPU Type INTEL AMD
Pentium 4 Duron Athlon Athlon XP
Silent Mode Up to 1.6GHz all current
CPU Clock Speeds 1.4GHz XP : 1.67GHz (2000+)
XP(TBred Core) :
Up to 2.0GHz (2400+)
Normal Mode Up to 2.0GHz Over 2.13GHz (2600+)

*This cooler cannot be mounted on a mainboard that does not have four holes around the socket. Also, Socket 478 motherboards are not supported.

Last edited:
OP
S

sandman_qc

Registered
Yeah! I checked other posts and it seems it doesn't fit on a Socket A. Back to square 1 I guess.

I also did a search about the Vantec Aeroflow (here) and people seem quite satisfied by it.

JDXNC

Read above... its does fit!

Just make sure its this model: CNPS6000-AlCu

OP
S

sandman_qc

Registered
JDXNC said:
Read above... its does fit!

Just make sure its this model: CNPS6000-AlCu

Cool! Thx! I think I'll get this one then. Btw, you're from Québec? Same here.

fiji

i reccomemndnendnendnend

slk-800/slk-900

or if your strapped sk-7 or something similar