• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hibernate resume error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pla

When I try to resume from hibernate it reads the whole bar and then it waits with monitor off for 2-3 secs and then it shows blue screen:
KMODE ... exception not handled ....
Same happens when restoring from stand-by.
It was working fine with my old board. I upgraded the mainboard and VGA. Installed all newest drivers. Everything else works fine.
Don't have idea what to do.
The OS is Win2000 SP2.

Heat

I have heard quite a few people say that they have had issues with hiberations but never w/ standby. I guess you can mess around with your power management settings and search for that error at M$'s site.

OP
P

Pla

I found something ralted to this - in SP2 they have included a fix for viaagp.sys. My old notrbridge was AMD760 and the new one is via... (kt400). Whie updating the dirvers I tried once to use recover... so I'll try to reinstall SP2 to see if this fixes it.

turd

You could try running from your cmd
SFC /SCANONCE

which will run the system file checker and replace some system files as necessary. Have your 2K CD ready. Not sure this will help but worth a try seeing you are already at the reinstal stage.

OP
P

Pla

Thanks for the tips!
I just found out what was causing it. I tried hibernate with no extra proccesses and it worked. Then by elimination ...
It was the EXPERTool - tool for tweaking the Gainward GF4 and some extra functions. It was starting from the registry - LOCAL_MACHINE\S...\M...\W...\Cur...\Run so I removed it. At least I know what to look for now. And I don't need it running anyway.

JimmyG

I'm running W2K on an A7V333 mobo. I have exactly the same problem. I have been experimenting by removing working processes in task manager, then hibernating and restarting. So far, I have been unable to fix the problem. I seem to remember that in Win98 there was a tool where you could check or uncheck startup items that were both in the registry and the startup folder. So far, I haven't been able to find the same tool in W2K. Do any of you know if that tool exists???