• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hiding program from Task Manager ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

OK, I need to know how to hide a program's process thread from the Task Manager in WinXP. My sister discovered that "WinFAH" and "FAHCore" are [email protected] (wow, she's smart :rolleyes: :p), and now she'll know that I reinstalled the program when she'll see it again (she hates it, and uninstalls it everytime she even hears about it). Anyways, I hid the Uninstall option from the Add/Remove Programs wizard, now I need to hide the program's process thread from the Task Manager so she won't go hunting for it and discover my tricks and stop folding again :(

rUfUnKy

Do a search for "task hider" or "hide tasks" in google ..I believe acehide allows you to set programs to hide on start up. (and they are not visable in Task Manager )

EDIT: Try Hidden This should work ...

Use Hidden to start almost any program in an invisible state. Perfect for those programs you need to have running, but don't need to interact with!

Hidden is a tiny program which starts any other program in a hidden state. Hidden programs do not display their main window, they don't show up in the task manager, nor can you switch to them. Most useful for programs that must be running but need no interaction. This program will get those guys out of your way!

Last edited:

rUfUnKy

Edward2 said:
Have you actually tried the "Hidden" program? It sounds great. I was just wondering if it actually worked, and how easy it was to use.

I've used programs like it and they do work..I havn't tried that one but they all work prettty much the same way.