• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High FSB, low mem scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pixelstick

Registered
Ok, this is new... the higher I set my FSB the lower my memory bandwidth scores are in SiSandra!

If I run at 153x10 they are LOWER than they are at 142x10.5. At the higher FSB setting I noticed that the mem speed was being downgraded to 113MHZ and the bios is reporting it to be PC1600. Could this be a bios issue or some sort of protection mechanism?

Nope i have had the same problem it's the bios,There are a few differnt ones to choose from.I would go with 8khal00 first try it.Or try 8khi2221 is another good one try them they should work.

Check your memory bus speed during POST, it sounds lik the 3/4 memory divisor has kicked in.
If that's the case, you can set it back up in the BIOS under "Advanced Chipset Features", provided the memory can handle the higher bus speed.

Good Luck!

FRANK said:
Check your memory bus speed during POST, it sounds lik the 3/4 memory divisor has kicked in.
If that's the case, you can set it back up in the BIOS under "Advanced Chipset Features", provided the memory can handle the higher bus speed.

Good Luck!

That's what it sounds like to me too. That is just too much of a decrease. At 3/4 it would be just about right at 1600.

original post by PIXEL STIK
If I run at 153x10 they are LOWER than they are at 142x10.5. At the higher FSB setting I noticed that the mem speed was being downgraded to 113MHZ and the bios is reporting it to be PC1600. Could this be a bios issue or some sort of protection mechanism?

are you set the cas 2 on 142??

kwoon said:

are you set the cas 2 on 142??

Yep, both the 153 and 142 were at CAS2. Well, assuming that the bios didn't change that too when I went up to 153FSB. I didn't check to see. I noticed that the bios had changed me to PC1600 and lowered the FSB back down.

Back