• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High High powered fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
i need a pretty big squrill cage fan

its not really for cooling but i figured this would be the place to ask

im going to jerry rig one of thosue 3m fillters to it and make a dust cleaner for my room so i dont have to clean every thing every week

i would like it *** quite as realistly possible

run off of ac current

anyone know any good places to start looking

its sucking air in over a 20*20 inch area i dont know if that helps

sillyunclemark

Registered
Probly way over the top.
Try your local heat and air dealers, often they need to dispose of old Furnaces that they have replaced. Many times they are just piled up out back waiting for a junk dealer to pick up and will let you pull the blower out for free. Most of the time it's something besides the blower that went bad. Most blowers have 3 or more speed to chose from, Pick the lowest. As strange as it sounds these blowers work best with some back pressure (block the exaust, lots of filters, etc)

On a more realistic note, bathroom exaust fans could work, look past the cheapos to the quiter models. :)

And last but not least Grainger has a large selection, and http://www.meci.com/ has odd things at times.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
I was thinking you'd be more in the market for a low pressure squirrel cage blower. I can't get a solid link but go down to HVAC and click on "blowers". the ones right at the top of the page start at 500+ CFM and cost about $100 less than the one you're looking at there. They'd probably be easier to work with too, even though I don't know how you plan on mounting it.

Here's the link to the page but it doesn't seem to be working:
http://www.mcmaster.com/cgi/loadpagerange.cgi?begin=556&end=559&qi=

OP
Crash893

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
was just going to make a simple enclosure

nothing fancy

for the filter i was going to use a high end furnace filter 20 by 20 or soemthing big like that

mabey put a muffler type deal on the end ( boxe lined with some sort of padding)

but thats getting fancy

basicly i want it to suck up some MAD air

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
Yeah, one of those high volume low pressure squirrel cage blowers is what you want. They're the kind that are used with furnaces and stuff so they'd generate plenty of suction.

550M

All you need is a heater blower. Thats exactly what you want, they're even designed for those filters. Just go to a junk yard where they have old appliences like that and you can get them for nothing. oh and those are just forced air heaters for houses, i case you wanted more info