• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temps on 2700k @ 4.7ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gerardz

Is it me or are my temps just fine. I find it weird core 1 is 12 C lower on max load than other cores...

On max IBT

MAX LOAD CORE TEMPS

Core# 0 = MAX 77
Core# 1 = MAX 89
Core# 2 = MAX 89
Core# 3 = MAX 84

IDLE TEMPS

Core# 0 = 31
Core# 1 = 39
Core# 2 = 37
Core# 3 = 35

K8qE40I.png
58U9S3J.png
LcOYyRy.png
28uAD80.png

Attachments

• K8qE40Is.jpg
    K8qE40Is.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 58U9S3Js.jpg
    58U9S3Js.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 152
  • LcOYyRys.jpg
    LcOYyRys.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 28uAD80s.jpg
    28uAD80s.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 151

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Seems a bit warm to me for that cooler and voltage honestly (but it is within the safe range for stress testing - I wouldn't go higher)... What are your ambient temperatures? How is your case airflow setup?

Did you raise the other voltages you set manually (SA and PLL)? For 4.5Ghz, you should only need a Vcore bump.

OP
G

Gerardz

I recently changed PLL voltage to 1.5 ..it was 1.625 for some reason. Stress testing using IBT as I type this with a lower V core @ 1.34V.....room temp is about 60 F.

any other ideas why its getting too hot?

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
You'll get a natural delta between core temps at max load as all of the cores are not identical (manufacturing tolerances) within the chip. However, with a 12 C delta between the highest and lowest, you might not have solid TIM coverage on the CPU. Might be worth reseating the cooler.

If that doesn't have any effect, it could be the interface between the die and lid of the chip. You could be hitting the limits on the thermal conduction capabilities of the chip.

I wouldn't go any higher with the OC until you get this figured out though...it's 60 F now there in the winter. Let's say you hit 80 F ambient in the warmer months...that's a 11 C increase in ambient...which will add almost 1 to 1 to your chip temperatures...putting you in dangerous 100 C temperature for cores 2 and 3.