• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J0ker

Registered
I have a 4790k everything is set to stock right now with stock cooler. I feel like my temps are pretty high for just having music playing and installing programs? Also when I ran 3dmark core temps almost hit 90c...

2qum9zc.jpg

Thought max safe voltage with Haswell was ~1.3v ? that will kill your CPU if you're not careful.

1.7V on factory (any?)air would thermally throttle the chip in a heartbeat. Clearly that is an anomalous reading (we always say not to trust software!).

The stock intel cooler is, surprisingly, tough to mount properly. If you push down firmly on it, do temps go down? Is the heatsink warm/hot to the touch when you are seeing 90C?

Side note: 1.4 or so for Haswell is fine 24/7.

1.7V on factory (any?)air would thermally throttle the chip in a heartbeat. Clearly that is an anomalous reading (we always say not to trust software!).

The stock intel cooler is, surprisingly, tough to mount properly. If you push down firmly on it, do temps go down? Is the heatsink warm/hot to the touch when you are seeing 90C?

Side note: 1.4 or so for Haswell is fine 24/7.

I've re-mounted it 3 times already -_- Same results. What I did was raise the cpu fan to 100% and it helped a lot. I'm waiting for a bracket to come in the mail so I can hook up the h110igt to it. I'll stress test it again and hopefully I won't see the same temps I saw earlier. I searched through google and saw that there were cases even with water cooling this chip got up to enormous temps.

If you are hitting 90C in 3DMark (I am assuming the CPU test), I wouldn't bother with a stress test as that will get even higher temps. Just run it as is until you get that bracket in.

Back