• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

highest FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
what socket A motherboard right now has the highest possible fsb and DDR

abit kr7a and epox 8kha+ they get up to 200mhz, i think there are other mobos but those are the best ones with kt266a chipset, may be kt333 reach more but i dunno about it

I got 166 @ turbo 2-2-2 with my new 8KHA+, this crucial wont take anymore voltage than 3v, the 75-b chips aint as good as the older A's, but im very happy w/DDR333 for 90 bucks! mad nice throughput. Yodums, post a pic of your sandra mem bmark:)
i wanna see how diff 8mhz makes!!
-Malakai

i was looking at the ak35-gtr allready... im talking which board has the absolute highest fsb. i hear the soyo dragon+ kt266-a board has a fsb of 233.
thanks for any help

ssjwizard said:
i was looking at the ak35-gtr allready... im talking which board has the absolute highest fsb. i hear the soyo dragon+ kt266-a board has a fsb of 233.
thanks for any help

You can take any of these boards to that FSB if your componets can handle it ,all you gotta do is get cpufsb ;)

wildone

cpufsb ive heard of it once or twice what is that like a program that puts your mboard fsb up... you can realy use something like that to raise the fsb past the bios limitation?

ssjwizard said:
cpufsb ive heard of it once or twice what is that like a program that puts your mboard fsb up... you can realy use something like that to raise the fsb past the bios limitation?

Yes ,it can take you to your chipset limitation with cpufsb ,also you can do it within windows wilthought rebooting.

wildone

Please, more info about this cpufsb. Does it test how high fsb your pc can handle? Seems interesting, I would like to learn more.

Ely

Well it doesnt test it ,thats for you ;) ,but when you goto far you will know it,but unless you have a 333 chipset you wont break 200FSB I I dont think to often,but it has been done.You would need some really strong componets to run at that fsb on a kt266A chipset though for sure ,ED did a write up on these boards useing CPUFSB a while back ,I will see if I can find it for you.

wildone

Back