• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIS EXCALIBUR 9800PRO 128mb ICEQ (r360????)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falltime

Registered
apparently the HIS EXCALIBUR 9800PRO 128mb ICEQ has been coming with the r360 core. I bought one, ran ATITool, and it reports mine as being a r350 core. I haven't taken off the HS to physically look at the chip. Is this just some bad luck, or does ATItool report it as a r350 core because that is what the current bios is based on (something I was told from someone on another forum). I really just want to flash mine to an XT but apparently thats not possible unless you have an r360 core. Is there any other way to know what type of chip you have without taking off the HS, or is ATItool correct?

when i got my card it said r350 in ati tool as well. once i checked the chip, it said r360 and i've been running it with my own 9800xt edited bios

falltime said:
apparently the HIS EXCALIBUR 9800PRO 128mb ICEQ has been coming with the r360 core. I bought one, ran ATITool, and it reports mine as being a r350 core. I haven't taken off the HS to physically look at the chip. Is this just some bad luck, or does ATItool report it as a r350 core because that is what the current bios is based on (something I was told from someone on another forum). I really just want to flash mine to an XT but apparently thats not possible unless you have an r360 core. Is there any other way to know what type of chip you have without taking off the HS, or is ATItool correct?

I have a HIS 9800Pro IceQ and mine has a r360 core w/ samsung 2.8ns RAM when i looked. ATItool says it is a r350 becuase they is the way the card is set up. A BIOs flash will change that.

I've yet to hear of any one getting a HIS 9800 Pro IceQ with any thing but a r360 and samsung 2.8ns RAM......... BUT the only way to be sure is to check like others have said before. The HSF is real easy to take off and after you clean it up you can put some AS5 on the bad boy :attn:

Back