• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIS Excalibur X800XT or GeXcube X800XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oren

Finally, there are some X800XT available here. I've managed to find 2 brands:

GeXcube X800XT 256MB VIVO
HIS Excalibur X800XT 256MB VIVO

The GeXcube costs about 26% more. Is there a reason? Is it connected to their cooling solution?

Thanks,

Oren

OP
Oren

Oren

Ok, I called the shop. It seems they give 2 years guarantee for the GeXCube but not for the HIS (just 1 year). I don't really mind about the guarantee. Which one is the best?

Also, should I wait for the Sapphire one? It will arrive in the near future.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
HIS i think has a similar cooling solution to the arctic silencer strapped on it, so personally id say the HIS card if you really have to have an x800xt. Personally id save the cash and get an x800pro VIVO, flash it and use the money id saved to by a small raptor drive.

OP
Oren

Oren

Vrykyl said:
HIS i think has a similar cooling solution to the arctic silencer strapped on it, so personally id say the HIS card if you really have to have an x800xt. Personally id save the cash and get an x800pro VIVO, flash it and use the money id saved to by a small raptor drive.

Ok, I've been a bit out of the loop in the last 2 months. Can I turn an X800Pro VIVO into an XT just by flashing the BIOS?

Edit: Ok Tornado man, I've found your post about this. Thanks. I think I'll still go for the X800XT as the difference in price here is not too great. I had my luck with flashing my 9800Pro into XT. I have a hunch I won't be so lucky again in the future ;)

Last edited:

KierenRei

Registered
Can i get a link? Gateway is going to take awhile (but I got the x880xt for under 400 ;) )