• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hit up those Target clearance aisles!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omega pwned

Registered
after lurking this forum section for years i decided to finally make what i would deem to be a reasonably good contribution :)

so I started working at target around november...and this may seem like common knowledge to some, others may not know this. like most stores, there are a few sections where they throw up clearance items. i work on the sales floor and occasionally the powers that be send me over to electronics so someone can take their lunch break. so naturally in between helping customers (i.e. "do you have any wiis..." "*holding back immense laughter* "no we do not.") i take the spare time that i should be zoning to browse through aforementioned clearance aisles. so today i found john woo's stranglehold and GRAW2 for the PC for just.....get this....12.48!!! with my awesome 10% off everything card i end up getting 2 pretty recent games for 20 bucks. just recently they had F.E.A.R. and i think F.E.A.R. gold for like 7 dollars, unfortunately they were out of those. they usually have all sorts of ps2/ps3/gba/nintendo ds/wii/xbox/xbox360 games to sort through as well...every once in a while you can strike gold, as i did this very day! i just looked up the price of each game at other stores and they are going for 30 to 40 even 50 dollars a pop! watch out for those bundle packages for games though, they usually throw in one good game with one really crappy game :p

p.s. if you want to know where to look, they usually keep clearance items on back endcaps (i.e. the ones across the back wall as opposed to the ones across the main aisle) as every target is different i couldnt just tell you a specific aisle to look on but as a rule of thumb you want to hit up as many as those endcaps as possible, especially the TOYS aisle where alot of games seem to migrate to (i have seen dvds and games migrate as far as the produce clearance [all the way across the store!] and i work at a super target haha). if in doubt of where to look, just ask an employee and he will (probably) point you in the right direction. oh and if you are a candy fiend like me, hit up the seasonal/mini seasonal section and you can find big bags of M&Ms for 24 cents, and boxes of candy canes for like 9 cents a box (90% off all holiday stuff)

p.s.s. i almost forgot to mention that over in electronics i happened to notice a external 500gb hard drive (western digital) for like 80 something dollars. id say its a pretty warm deal, as most seem to be going for 120ish...note that every target is different and things vary immensely from store to store but it doesnt hurt to browse around from time to time :)

AK50

Yea I was in target the other day and saw GRAW2 laying around with a 12.48 price tag. I didn't pick it up though since I just got CoD4 for xmas so didn't really feel like playing another FPS besides I've never even finished the first one that I got for $10 a long time ago lol.

me likes m&m's and for 24 cents :drool:

Pinky

Target + Archer Farms products = regular visits from me

Next time I'm there I'll be sure to look around more. Thanks for the tip ;).

BigJk-47

I've been doing this for 5+ years.

Just picked up Stalker : Shadows of Chernobyl for $7.50 .

Wrathre

Registered
Managed to score a Logitech Premium Notebook Headset (usually goes for about $45+ in stores) for 15 bucks thanks to the Walmart clearance section. Always good to check those places when you stop in to pick something up.

Droban

I picked up a black and decker 24v cordless drill with a nice box of bits for 35 (originially 50).

Now to start modding my antec 900 :thup:

LilBuddy

I bought 30 copies of Tony Hawk's Wasteland for 360 for $15 a few weeks ago. I put them all up on ebay for $25 each and sold them all in 3 days. I probably could have gotten closer to $30 but I figured for a quick sale it wouldn't have been worth it. Best thing is if they don't sell you can return them!

hank123

I bought 30 copies of Tony Hawk's Wasteland for 360 for $15 a few weeks ago. I put them all up on ebay for $25 each and sold them all in 3 days. I probably could have gotten closer to $30 but I figured for a quick sale it wouldn't have been worth it. Best thing is if they don't sell you can return them!

balls thats sweet!

does anyone see any mark downs in K-mart? or is the mart just junk?

OP
O

omega pwned

Registered
hooray for posties!!! wow 9 years is a long time lol. after a month and a half im already pretty drained...

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
after lurking this forum section for years i decided to finally make what i would deem to be a reasonably good contribution :)

:)

And here we were thinking that you were pacing yourself so that nobody would call you a spammer :beer:

PS, I went into Target on Monday to get a roll of 2" thick masking tape, I ended up spending $150 on clearance items I kept running into at the end of all the aisles :santa:

AK50

Another thing to add:

Bioshock for $25. Good deal for those who that didn't scoop it on BF (myself). Got mine today.

Sadly no M&M's though :(

jivetrky

I've been doing this for 5+ years.

Just picked up Stalker : Shadows of Chernobyl for $7.50 .

Wow, that's a good deal.

I saw a few linksys 54g routers for like $15, but they were Vonage packs, so I wasn't sure if they'd work just as normal routers or switches. I'd guess they would have, but I didn't want to gamble since I have no use for a vonage enabled router. :)

Next time I'm at walmart or Target I'll have to check out these clearance sections and see if I can pick up some cool things, like perhaps STALKER for $7.50

OP
O

omega pwned

Registered
UPDATE

so that 500gb external hard drive went down to 65 bucks! definately snatched it...
still have a TON of copies of tony hawks proving ground for 14.75...they will probably hit 8 or 9 bucks this weekend....