• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hitachi LCD with 16ms response time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Anyone intrested in what is new in the LCD arena might want to check out the new Hitachi CML174. Here is a link to a review at Game PC http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=17inchlcds&page=1 Manufacturers Retail Price is 699.00 bones. Monitors Direct have it for 639.00. Can anybody tell me how big a jump Hitachi getting 16ms response times really is? This three to four times Game PC is saying seems far fetched.

Hookem said:
........Retail Price is 699.00 bones. Monitors Direct have it for 639.00. Can anybody tell me how big a jump Hitachi getting 16ms response times really is? This three to four times Game PC is saying seems far fetched.

I cannot answer your question but I want to say that 16ms is a great news. Not that I plan to buy Hitachi but this will force the competition to move along. So a year from now we might be looking at 10-12ms responce time! I do not know if there is any need to go beyond that?

So hopfully soon responce time would become a thing of the past. Now if they can improve color acuracy (for Photoshop work) and contrast.....

Last edited:
well, first generation LCDs had a response time in excess of 40ms. Today, the standard is 25ms and that nearly eliminates ghosting. I'll bet the additional 9ms shaved should help a good bit.

~THT

my Viewsonic VX900 comes in today, it has a response time of <25ms. You know I'll be posting ASAP with the results from SOF2...

I've posted this before and I'll post again, I won't believe Hitachi's response times till someone proves it. After three solid months of researching LCD's it is a widely known fact that the methods used by companies to measure response times are arbitrary (i.e. without standards) and sometimes skewed.

so while some of the biggest and best companies in the world hold off at 25ms hitachi magically jumps to <8ms fall times on their monitors and there is not a single ripple in the hardware world... something smells fishy...

Dang Homer you are a hard nut to crack...As for not a single ripple??? Is there not a link to a review in the above post??? edited by sss I too have been looking around...edited by sss8ms fall times??? where are you coming up with these numbers??? I am not trying to start an argument with you...I am only trying to share some information that is out there if you are willing to look...If you want to question me or Hitachi or Game PC I think it would be in your best intrest to atleast read about it...I personally do not have to be hit over the head with a brick to read the numbers published by whoever... Now accepting them is a whole different story...Good Luck with your research Homer...edited by sss ....:argue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I aint mad homer but jealous...hell yes...VX900 ViewSonic...dang...Nice piece...Hey I am still mad about buying the 19" Sony GDP420S, really nice monitor, I mean really nice, but I shure wished I would have waited for the LCD wars to begin... :rolleyes:

Wow according to this review this Hitachi Pwns all previous LCD's in gaming. I think it looks ugly though, i'll wait till samsung and sony start competing. :cool:

Hey Johnny I met Steve O last two sunday's ago with Rich and some dude named Carillo I think. They flew into Hobby and drove almost to Galveston before they turned around. Seems Rich went to school up in Ohio with Shaw and his sister Shannon...They had a stage show in San Antonio at 9:00pm and did not leave Houston until 3:00pm. That Steve O is one crazy mofo, I sat out in the Mini van for a couple of hours and yakked with Steve O while Rich and Carillo caught up with Shannon and Shaw. Funny Guy !!! I have a link to some pics somewhere.

*EDITED*

To be honest I didn't even read the article initially... even having read the review, GAME PC seems to be in the wrong ball park comparing 16ms and 40ms reponse time LCD's. *EDITED*

What I was talking about... HERE its 6ms rise...

Hitachi's are ugly too...

have a wonderful day... :cool:

edited by cw823. Let's think before we post. And be FRIENDLY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back