• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hitachi unleashes true 1Tera HDD ONLY $399!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patched

Randyman, your "Bang for the buck" when you factor in the price of your raid card, the 1TB drive is cheaper :p You could almost get 2 of the 1TB drives in raid 1 for the price of your raid card and 4 320GB drives for raid 5 :p

Plus you use less 3.5" slots, less power draw from your PSU, and Probably less noise.

greenmaji

Senior Spellcheck
Randyman... said:
The biggest and baddest hardware is never the best bang for your buck...
Ignoring the big honking expensive hadware added to your rig :p
This statment is what really matters, when something bigger and bader comes out, it drives the price points down and that is :cool:

greenmaji

Senior Spellcheck
LOL.. if you like that one.. you'll like this one even more.. how about the 300gb 15K perp not being able to use it's RPM muscle in far cry and WoW ROFL
http://www.storagereview.com/php/be...&numDrives=1&devID_0=325&devID_1=321&devCnt=2

to say it blunty.. perp tech so far is HORRIBLE for single user performance.. even if you stick it on a huge 15K drive (fast SAS and SCSI drives do extreamly well in farcry and WoW performance normaly.. but nooooo not with perp recording tech :rolleyes: )

btw.. thats not a raptor (if you just glance at the numbers) its up against.. its a normal 7200RPM drive LOL

Last edited:

PYROMANIAC

dicecca112 said:
amazing some people are so closed minded. For one those were IBM made drives. Hitachi bought the HD division. Hitachi makes some of the best drives on the market, and I for one are sick of people writing them off for something that happened 5+ years ago. Deskstar drives have been out for at least 3+ years under Hitachi

maybe you missed my reply, sorry.

PYROMANIAC

the OP's intention has been lost. he was just trying to spread the light on some very cool upcoming hardware that we will all eventually get. the OP did not intend the, seemingly more popular nowdays nit-picking and no sense of humor, rage/argument posts to follow.

bing said:
Looks like Seagate is not going to lose face too eh ?

From Slashdot -> Seagate Plans 37.5TB within matter of years or Wired News

Prolly it wont be available this year, but hey [email protected], this could be the solution for your "monthly" HD shopping problem. lol :D

oh how i wish it was available this year :)

greenmaji

Senior Spellcheck
I never said that these perp monsters wont make exellent storage drives... wich Im sure they will :D

I just hope this perp tech doesn't go so far as to replace the applcation drives :( (baa.. Ill try not to go there :) )

Im actually hoping that hatachi can pull some spectacular single user performance out of them.. relitivly speeking of course.

btw.. segate fanboys.. us performance fanboys will crack out the benchmarks and the logic when you diss the company making the best performing product (for the intended use of course). ;) and btw.. it didn't look like humor at all, that speal about deskstars is quite common. (and when not questioned it serves to confuse people reaserching what product to buy, about 2K people actively post at OCF a month currently.. and I have no clue how many readers we have but Im sure it makes the number quite a bit more then that)

Last edited:

z0n3

Lets see if I sell half of my current hard drives (about 850 GB) that should help off set the cost of one of these and I'll save a ton of drive bays and power. Moving all that data over is gonna be a ***** though.

laserkitty

So...come tax return time (if this is out) I could swap out my 200's and have an 8TB RAID?

Sweet!

(oh, and check your math: "at $400 its a little under $0.25 a Megabyte.. " should read: "at $399, it's a exactly 39.9 cents a Gigabyte...")

Last edited:
laserkitty said:
So...come tax return time (if this is out) I could swap out my 200's and have an 8TB RAID?

Sweet!

(oh, and check your math: "at $400 its a little under $0.25 a Megabyte.. " should read: "at $399, it's a exactly 39.9 cents a Gigabyte...")

eh whatever, i didnt bother checking my math.. cause i knew someone else would do it for me :beer: