• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HL2 hackers got pwnt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

Well at least the people responsible are being held accountable for thier actions. And it is good to see the other countries governments are being cooperative with our government in allowing us to prosecute the perps.

ninthebin

was it really worth waiting a year for game they would have forgotten about not long after - now will probably spend the rest of their lives regretting hearing of.

heres hoping they end in a life of snuggling up with their prison cell mate at night and not get asked to work as some kind of network security jobs

Robrules18

lol, and speaking of criminal prosecution, Martha was sentenced to 5 months in prison and 5 months of house arrest. w00t for the justice system.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
I am glad them perps got something, beside my IRE in delaying the game. :D

David

Forums Super Moderator
CircuitBreaker8 said:
what the hell is pwnt

Its a misspelling of owned. As far as I am aware people when gaming didnt have time to go back and correct typing when typing messages to other players. As the o and p are close together it became pwned. Or pwnd, etc.

Lord_Zoltan

David said:
Its a misspelling of owned. As far as I am aware people when gaming didnt have time to go back and correct typing when typing messages to other players. As the o and p are close together it became pwned. Or pwnd, etc.

and like all other words in the "l33t" language, common misspelled words are added to the dictionary to mock non computer savy users.

But pwnt and pwned can be used instead of owned.
At lans we always yell out pwned ! lol

Then again my friends and i call eachother noobs when we are out and away from our computers and make a STUPID mistake.

~zoltan

flixotide

What I find sad about this is, that guys hacking and stealing a game will probably wind up getting a bigger sentence and worse punishment than a rapist or child molester.

Although hacking and software theft is bad, I'd still vouch they should be stuck into some kind of rehab program, whereas the really nasty guys (those above) shouldn't get rehab but a 9 inch in the front.

Cheers,

Flix

KfistoRok

Robrules18 said:
lol, and speaking of criminal prosecution, Martha was sentenced to 5 months in prison and 5 months of house arrest. w00t for the justice system.

woot? She got off easy and prolly will see light before the end of that term.

Oni said:
No, then all the n00bs would be in the know.

I had to learn l337 the hard way, they should, too! :p

:p :clap:

CircuitBreaker8 said:
why do people talk like that?

B/c they think it makes them look cool or they actually think they are a hacker I suppose. I say pwnt every once in a while to poke fun in Halo world.

I agree whole heartedly with you flixotide.