• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hm what should my Ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz Vcore be at?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doomer

hey guys i have a couple questions...

last year i build a pc with a ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz cpu,i was using it with XFR enabled at first but i was getting some what high temps for my liking..
besides with XFR on it would only increase it by 200mhz its too small of a jump for me so i disabled it....
my voltage for my cpu with xfr disabled was 1.2v to 1.3vcore max so i just left it alone for about a year.
i was reading couple threads earlier that if i disabled xfr i can run my cpu at much much lower voltage then what im using right now
right now my ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz is just at stock speed with xfr disabled and my voltage like i said was 1.2-1.3volt max so what i did was i went too
the negative offset to lower it some what i got it down too 1.22-1.25volt max and its still stable now im wondering should i try and go even lower?
or just leave it alone now?

i think i can get it lower tho should i? and what should it be?
also nothing is overclocked!
its just running at stock speed with xfr disabled thats all...
anyway right now im hitting 1.25volt max is this right for 3.5ghz?

or try and go lower?

thanks this is new to me btw ;p
the reason i dont overclock is because my mobo is asus prime 320 it has no OC capability..

The lowest it can go with being stable for your uses. This value will vary by CPU so you need to test it and see.

hey guys i have a couple questions...

last year i build a pc with a ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz cpu,i was using it with XFR enabled at first but i was getting some what high temps for my liking..
besides with XFR on it would only increase it by 200mhz its too small of a jump for me so i disabled it....
my voltage for my cpu with xfr disabled was 1.2v to 1.3vcore max so i just left it alone for about a year.
i was reading couple threads earlier that if i disabled xfr i can run my cpu at much much lower voltage then what im using right now
right now my ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz is just at stock speed with xfr disabled and my voltage like i said was 1.2-1.3volt max so what i did was i went too
the negative offset to lower it some what i got it down too 1.22-1.25volt max and its still stable now im wondering should i try and go even lower?
or just leave it alone now?

i think i can get it lower tho should i? and what should it be?
also nothing is overclocked!
its just running at stock speed with xfr disabled thats all...
anyway right now im hitting 1.25volt max is this right for 3.5ghz?

or try and go lower?

thanks this is new to me btw ;p
the reason i dont overclock is because my mobo is asus prime 320 it has no OC capability..

It's right if it's stable.

It's right if it's stable.

ok so since u say its right should i leave it alone or try and go for lower?
i did have it running 1.3volt for 1 year tho is that an issue or noy rly? my temps were always great never hit 50c during gaming..
but yeah i might leave it alone i dont want any instability so

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The lowest it can go with being stable for your uses. This value will vary by CPU so you need to test it and see.

what u think i should do?
should i try and lower it or leave it?
like i said i did have it running at 1.3v for like a year would that cause any issues like reduced life? or is it fine?
i did have great temps tho never hit 50c during gaming so i guess it was ok,maybe ill leave it as is now hmm

I think the goal with overclocking is to be at the lowest voltage you can use and be stable. The voltage it is at will not damage anything. Lowering it is up to you..

I think the goal with overclocking is to be at the lowest voltage you can use and be stable. The voltage it is at will not damage anything. Lowering it is up to you..

im not overclocking tho.
everything is running stock with xfr disabled and manually adjusting my vcore..

im not overclocking tho.
everything is running stock with xfr disabled and manually adjusting my vcore..
Irrelevant. If you are undervolting (for giggles?), the goal is still to use the least amount of voltage and be stable.

Why are you lowering the voltage in the first place?

Back