• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HMM, any that ARENT 10+$ per?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
Looking to pick up some 80mm-120mm AC fans.

Found a few places that are selling them for 10+$ each, I know there has to be a parts supply place or something that has a bunch of em to dump.

This is for a DIY build that requires airflow in a place with minimal available space. No DC power is available so I cant just do a break out off a molex unfortunately.

I would prefer to avoid using a PC PSU, if somebody has a link to a 12v DC 4A+ supply that runs off of AC I can use that as well.

Thanks.

jiggamanjb

I would prefer to avoid using a PC PSU, if somebody has a link to a 12v DC 4A+ supply that runs off of AC I can use that as well.

Thanks.

I used something like this in a project I did.
http://www.12vadapters.com/adapter/power-supply/12v/4-amp-4a.html?gclid=CNWd2seSlZMCFQJEPAodKHZcAQ

Basically I had to get some air into a confined entertainment center and I just tailed a 120mm fan onto one of these. I used a 7v supply though. Super silent!

Here is a 12v .3A
http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGMATELCOM-12V...er-Supply_W0QQitemZ140222199879QQcmdZViewItem

OP
Adragontattoo

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
I need to run a total of 8 fans at the minimum.(1 per side of shelf, 4 shelves total probably)

I am trying to do it via AC because the cabinet will have AC already for the lighting, the option of using the knockoff laptop supply is probably the best bet or close to it, I could just get some YL or similar and use them instead.

This is for a rack type stand(I am designing it) for 4 Fishtanks with a 36x18 footprint(50g on bottom, 3 40g above it). The plan is to build it so that minimal light escapes and I need to minimize heat buildup in the rack to avoid cooking the fish and frying $300 fixtures.

Hazaro

He wants AC fans, but I'd be more than happy to take those :)

Seems 150CFM Deltas are too much for my fan controller.

Diddyu

Oh, never mind then, I have a bad habit of only skimming anything in quote boxes. Those are some nice fans though, Id take them off your hands if I wasnt afraid of loosing a finger, deltas are atleast nice enough to stop shortly past the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.