• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm... Does this sound right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanFraser

In my old case I had a CPU temp of 49c (yes! that high!)

Now, I have a new case, a dual fan Enermax PSU, and two case fans (front and back positions)...

Now my temp is 43-44c... Does this sound right?

plague

apparently you didnt have any case fans in the old case, then yes that sounds right. start cuttin some holes and puttin more fans in that bad boy..

OP
DanFraser

DanFraser

My HSF is a GlobalWin Copper series CBK-58... Might change the fan, using a fan converter thingy so I can slap an 80mm on it (!)

Already hacked out that grill thing you originally have on the back of the case where the fan goes... air gets shifted loads now!

The air from the PSU fan is hot... well, warm... compared to the other exhaust fan...

I have three fans left to put in... Should I put two in the top exhausting the air, and the other one in the side as an intake? I think they have different cfm's, one is different to two cheaper ones, so should i put that different one in the side? And what do you think the drop in temp would be once I slapped the CPU fan to a 80mm, and added those other fans?