• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm what card do i need for best F.E.A.R. playing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joethemole

I currently have

2500xpm @ 2.2ghz (can probably tune up to 2.4ghz if i really really needed)

512mb 2.5-3-3-11, 220mhz (440mhz ddr)

9600xt

crappy harddrive..

So i have about 250ish canadian dollars to spend on a video card on boxing day, and i'm thinking something along the x850 pro.

say if i do get that card, will it be good enough to run fear on, say 1000 res with things turned up? or will the rest of my comp bottleneck it to no end?

cre8

I'd get some more ram because FEAR runs like crap with 512 and go with x800xl and mod it to xt or something like that.

OP
J

joethemole

ahh i really don't wanna spend that much money on just one game... actually, now that i think about it, i mgiht not upgrade at all. maybe i'll get a 360 instead if the price comes down. i'm surprised that my 9600xt is still running COD 2 and Half life 2 fine.

Mr.Guvernment

i would wait, no upgrade you get will truly help alot - your CPU is a limiting factor, your ram and by FAR your video card.