• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmmm... $353 and a geforce 3...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

I have the credit, should I do it...

Done. Visiontek. Be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Can't wait to see what these things are capable of first hand.

I figure I hang out here often enough to not just brag, but celebrate together another OC'ers financial demise :(.

If you have the "credit" as in your credit card, I'd say definitely not. Just wait till you actually have the money... No sense going into debt over an unnecessary upgrade like a GF3. If you have store credit...well that's different (although I'd still wait till the Radeon 2 is released).

At the end of May some of the sites were posting that there was a cut in the price of Nvidea chips and by the end of june there would be a big drop in geforce 3 cards. Well we see more companies putting out 3's every day and I still haven't seen any sub $300 cards we were told about.

Anyone seen anything about the prices coming down before christmas? I assume they won't come down till the Kyro III or the next gen ATI

GOOD CALL DUDE Buy me one too please ???

As soon as you tell us that you love the card, that it was worth selling the farm for it, I will be the next person buying one. Please let us know how it works, I still split between the asus card and the visionteck, let me know what you like / dislike about the card.

As for prices going down....I don't think anything is going to happen now until there is some competition form the other chip makers. I thought the relese of the cheeper MX chips would drive prices down some but that didn't happen. Oh well....

zoopa_man (Jul 17, 2001 08:52 a.m.):
GOOD CALL DUDE Buy me one too please ???

As soon as you tell us that you love the card, that it was worth selling the farm for it, I will be the next person buying one. Please let us know how it works, I still split between the asus card and the visionteck, let me know what you like / dislike about the card.

As for prices going down....I don't think anything is going to happen now until there is some competition form the other chip makers. I thought the relese of the cheeper MX chips would drive prices down some but that didn't happen. Oh well....

Don't hold your breath waiting for price drops on GF Ultra cards. A good proportion of the cost of the card is the 64Mb of 3.8ns DDR RAM.
OK DDR RAM prices are falling fast but only on super high volume system RAM and that only runs at 133/266 (PC2100). As soon as you move to 150/300 DDR(PC2400) the prices nearly double, so you can imagine the price of RAM that does 250/500 (PC3800 ??? ) Only expect GF2 Ultra prices to drop when this RAM becomes more available.

have you seen the morpheus geforce3? i think 3dpower is making them(somebody new i guess)? i read the review of it at guru3d.com it did really good, and it comes in a wooden box! i know thats what i'm getting when i get the money (and i just got a raise so it wont be long)

Blackearth (Jul 18, 2001 01:26 p.m.):
have you seen the morpheus geforce3? i think 3dpower is making them(somebody new i guess)? i read the review of it at guru3d.com it did really good, and it comes in a wooden box! i know thats what i'm getting when i get the money (and i just got a raise so it wont be long)

Well...a wooden box seems kind of silly to me, honestly.

Nagorak (Jul 18, 2001 06:30 p.m.):
Blackearth (Jul 18, 2001 01:26 p.m.):

Well...a wooden box seems kind of silly to me, honestly.

Wonder if the box increases framerates? :)

I just picked up a Geforce 2 GTS DDR to tide me over until I can buy a Geforce 3. Can't stand my voodoo 3. I'v never been fraged so many times in one night ever. Too slow.

If prices arn't going to move then I'll get one as soon as I can afford it. Got to pay college tuition, then i'll be golden.

Pinky, watch out man....my little gremlins are coming over to "barrow' your card. hehehe Dum Da Dum Da Dum Dum (wizard of OZ music plays, wicked witch theme) HEHEHEHE Start tweaking bro, I'll be with you tweaking in a little while.

Take it easy all. Have a good day :) <--brown nose points

Geforce scheduled to arrive today, assuming UPS will leave it like they did Black and White yesterday (which is a pretty cool game)...

I was thinking "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"...

mine is due tomorow, cant wait and by the way you guys in the states should think yourselves lucky you aint in the uk we have to pay top dollar here, ie about the same in pounds sterling as usd ie £300+. fortunately i found a place selling them for £249 which is about £60 ($100) cheeper than anywhere else so I thought wot the heck!
cant wait, just got to decide which machine to put it in?
choices choices!

zoopa_man (Jul 19, 2001 02:18 p.m.):
Hehehe, ever see the South Park with the underpants gnomes ?

"Step one..collect underpants"
"Step two...we don't know, figure it out later"
"Step three..Make a profit"

lol

It was delivered at 2:17PM today. It's sitting on the stoop of my apartment building!! :( It's a good thing my neighborhood is safe and none of you know where I live :)

Tonight's tweak night, and tomorrow, and the day after.

Damit. You gremlins have failed me...Your punishment....You all have to watch Mr. Rodgers for six hours streight...Ofter that.....THE LITTLE MERMAID dum da dum.

Congrats dude. If you run out of tweaking ideas let me know. I did eight million things to my Geforce 2 card, I'm sure I can brew up some tweaks for you to try.

zoopa_man (Jul 19, 2001 03:21 p.m.):
I did eight million things to my Geforce 2 card, I'm sure I can brew up some tweaks for you to try.

And where's your card now?... :)

I couldn't help myself!! lol

I'm sure coolbits or NVmax will suffice getting the RAM at its max, I'll be posting my 3dmark scores first thing tomorrow (maybe later tonight).

Outside of that I'll be waiting a few more months to truly see the mastery of this monster.

Why don't you put a blue orb on that Geforce 3 ? ???
I'v got a screw driver you can use to pry off the HSF ???

I know you want to ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Stupid me...Oh well....It wasn't the tweaking that killed it. It was a slip of the sward. I found the two traces that are broken. Couldn't get a trace pen form radio shack the stupid dumb #$%# kid that works ther didn't know what the hell I was talking about and had the nerv to argue with me about what I needed. Then handed me a heatsink pen. Could have killed him right there. I allready ordered a new GTS card to tide me over until after I recoperate form my tuition bill due begining of next month. Then I'ts GF3 !!!!

May the Ge force be with you. <---who wrote that ?
can we have it ?

Back