• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hmmm so these NVIDIA scores dont mean anything?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
only had it a few hours.
and after putting in the 3dmark "nvidia cheats" patches and running just cool bits i get this.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1720331

6415 from a $200 card and beating half the 9800pros at oc3dmark.
no i dont see no cheating in the visuals while running 3dmark.
also it looks as good if not better than my 9700np i had that ran 9800xt speeds.

people all i and some others are saying is open your eyes.
dont believe the hype or what your fed,think for your selves!

i love the card so far btw.
i figure my scores will increase 1000 more by the time im finished optimising/cheating myself.btw if you didnt know if you change any driver settings you are cheating/optimising yourself!
this includes:mip mapping,fog table,vert synch and many many others.
 

micamica1217

Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
as I've said before, you should be real happy with that card.
I'm glad that you are.
nice scores, here's mine just to compare....btw, it's a 9700pro not OCed.

forget the cheats crap, injoy your card.

could you maybe do me a favor?
when ever you get a chance, could you try the 52.16 drivers so I can see if my friend's card is getting the same pattern in some tests.
then list the scores.....I don't care if your OCed, that will be listed on the test.
most people test with the non ultra, and my friend has an ultra too.
only do this if you have the time.
thanks

again, have fun with your new toy.

mica
 
OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
i love the card,really smooth.
i get a little miffed at people in other threads who bash the nvidia cards,but im working on that :D

anyhow thats some nice scores for unoced.
granted im sure the intel rigs bandwith is a great help.
atm only the fx51 seems to compete in bandwith with p4.

anyhow,yeh ill install those drivers tonight or tomorow and run em, busy day with my kids and wont be back until late if even that.

im sure once i get bored ill be volt modding and changing cooling so ill be having fun with it rest assured.
 

micamica1217

Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
deathstar13 said:
i love the card,really smooth.
i get a little miffed at people in other threads who bash the nvidia cards,but im working on that :D

anyhow thats some nice scores for unoced.
granted im sure the intel rigs bandwith is a great help.
atm only the fx51 seems to compete in bandwith with p4.

anyhow,yeh ill install those drivers tonight or tomorow and run em, busy day with my kids and wont be back until late if even that.

im sure once i get bored ill be volt modding and changing cooling so ill be having fun with it rest assured.

about the P4 that I'm using.....
take a closer look, I'm only using a 2.4b, not a 2.4c.:D
I just wish I had the extra money for some better memory...
so I could get faster timmings.
while 3dmark03 may not be as bad as 01....I still feal that bandwith does play a part in the scores.
just look at the cpu tests...if anything, we are about tied.

take your time with trying the 52.16....I'm in no rush.

good luck, and have fun

mica
 

dreIU

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Location
Bloomington, IN
deathstar13 said:
only had it a few hours.
and after putting in the 3dmark "nvidia cheats" patches and running just cool bits i get this.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1720331

6415 from a $200 card and beating half the 9800pros at oc3dmark.
no i dont see no cheating in the visuals while running 3dmark.
also it looks as good if not better than my 9700np i had that ran 9800xt speeds.

people all i and some others are saying is open your eyes.
dont believe the hype or what your fed,think for your selves!

i love the card so far btw.
i figure my scores will increase 1000 more by the time im finished optimising/cheating myself.btw if you didnt know if you change any driver settings you are cheating/optimising yourself!
this includes:mip mapping,fog table,vert synch and many many others.

What exactly did you do to that card, I mean how much did you push it?

Beat half of 9800pro's? I would be dissapointed if my $300 9800pro would score anything less than that score out of the box. Don't hink I am an ATi fan boy (look at my sig). I am sure with some decent OC, a 9800pro would get an impresive score as well, wouldn't it? I dont know, at least I for one would expect it to, since it costs so much. Well, I really dont care for nvidia's cards of today (oh I said it!), or ATi's. Why? Because i am waiting a few months to get one that will stomp them and kick them to the curb (wether its nvidia or ATi).
 
OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
stock is 450/850 i set it to 490/920

well id doubt any 9800pro will score in the 6000 range un oced. the scores are for oced cards not stock im talking about in the comparison.plus takes a high end system to run it to get those scores.

5900ultra/9800pro 3dmark scores are rather similier in performance.i do think the 9800 will oc better imo.
im thinking my card is one of the first made so newer ones will oc better.

the argument about nvidia cards isnt scores,it been visual quality.
and from what i see there is no differance. spend the extra $100 if you like,but as for me ill put it else were.
 

pkrew

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Location
Nashville, TN
Nice score!! It really depends on what system you're running. I had a 9800np which I flashed to the pro bios and it would run stock in the low 6000's. Somewhere around 6200. Nice card and only $250. I don't have the stock scores save but would get this overclocked.http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1405230 The XT I have will do this stock without overdrive. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1724169 and with overdrive http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1724177
both I consider stock. Like I said it depends on you system. I'm sure there are people out there with 4G machines who are able to get over 7000 on a stock 9800pro
 

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Location
Southern California
the argument wasnt just visual quality, but mising gfx and textures, the missing items in 3dmark were not visible with the free edition blah blah blah.

no those scores dont mean anything to anyone but you because its your system with your setup and its what makes you happy.

and its kind of unfair to point out the 9800pro being more 100$ more than your 5900, the 9800np overclocked @ 200$ would be more of a fair comparison to your overclocked 5900.

it has been pointed out by many reviewrs and magazines that the fx series of cards is not as strong in dx9 shader effects, i would imagine this will either be glaringly obvious when the majority new games are dx9, or it will be proven to have been a bunch of hot air from the nvidia haters after the 5800 fiasco.

btw, optimising is not the same as cheating, optimising is what carmack claims to be doing with the fx to make it run doom3 right, cheating is what people claim nvidia did with 3dmark by removing anything from being rendered that could not be seen in the free 3dmark03.

anyway, i dont own an fx, and neither do most of the people bashing them, all that matters is that your happy with the card, and taunting the nvidia bashers is no better than bashing nvidia
 

dreIU

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Location
Bloomington, IN
deathstar13 said:
stock is 450/850 i set it to 490/920

well id doubt any 9800pro will score in the 6000 range un oced. the scores are for oced cards not stock im talking about in the comparison.plus takes a high end system to run it to get those scores.

5900ultra/9800pro 3dmark scores are rather similier in performance.i do think the 9800 will oc better imo.
im thinking my card is one of the first made so newer ones will oc better.

the argument about nvidia cards isnt scores,it been visual quality.
and from what i see there is no differance. spend the extra $100 if you like,but as for me ill put it else were.

It isnt scores? I thought that benchmarks showed their cards to be overall slower than ATi's? At least when I was reading Tom's, that's what his reviews revealed. I am not taking sides and I am not going to pay $100 extra for the 9800pro because I am happy with the one I have now.

I am glad you are in a state of happiness with your nvidia... to be honest with you, when I was checking out pictures of image issues with nvidia, I really didn't notice difference at all between nv's and Ati's, call me blind if you will. I am really more concerned about speed and of course it's got to look good to some degree, but of course nothing is perfect.
 
OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
hey guys just sayen ty for the kind words in the thread.
many people get really heated up about the issue.
i do kinda but when but it just goes to deep into stuff none of us will ever see or have to worry about,thats when i stop and drop the issue.

pkrew,im at my x's house at the moment and on dial up.i dont have the mental strengh to battle 56k and links till i get home on my rig will broadband.but i will look at em.i like this kinda stuff.

and ya know noone in the thread has actually bashed nvidia :D
is just ocers having fun and without compition ati guys are just gonna be damn bored.

and yes the 5800 sucked compared to what it should have been.i dont think they will ever live that one down.but isnt a bad mid range card now tho.

yeh the 9800np is a great deal and was under my consideration btw.
but was $250 when i looked and found the deal on this.
my 9700np kicked butt,ran at 9800xt speeds.

what i dont understand is thinking not running something you dont even see a bad thing.if ati gave some the option it would be used on some apps,for extra speed.hiding it is cheating:agreed.

but to me cheating also can looked at as driver options a user uses to gain extra fps.but the differance is we knowingly do it.thus making it ok.but its still the same thing imo.
 

dreIU

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Location
Bloomington, IN
Supertrucker said:
...anyway, i dont own an fx, and neither do most of the people bashing them, all that matters is that your happy with the card, and taunting the nvidia bashers is no better than bashing nvidia

:clap: lol, that is a great quote. I couldn't have said it better.
 

Sentential

Contributing Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Location
Knoxville, TN
Im not suprised. NV has always been faster than ATi. I knew it would be only a matter of time before they found a way to crank out extra FPS.

Seeing that this is my first ATi, im quite impressed with the picture quailty, but i still my the raw FPS I have gotten used to with NV. I hope ATi gives their future cards better RAM (i have infineon).

My 9800np dosnt come close to that score (5900+). But neither does its mem speed;)

Update:

My 9800np is alot closer than the score shows. The only reason I get romped is because of my CPU!?!?! (any suggestions) What voltage are u running?

Either way for $200 bucks for either a 9800np or a 5900 is an awesome deal. Its good to see that NV is making some headway

http://service.futuremark.com/servl...ojectdetails&projectType=10&projectId=1713079
 
Last edited:

micamica1217

Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Sentential said:
Im not suprised. NV has always been faster than ATi. I knew it would be only a matter of time before they found a way to crank out extra FPS.

Seeing that this is my first ATi, im quite impressed with the picture quailty, but i still my the raw FPS I have gotten used to with NV. I hope ATi gives their future cards better RAM (i have infineon).

My 9800np dosnt come close to that score (5900+). But neither does its mem speed;)

Update:

My 9800np is alot closer than the score shows. The only reason I get romped is because of my CPU!?!?! (any suggestions) What voltage are u running?

Either way for $200 bucks for either a 9800np or a 5900 is an awesome deal. Its good to see that NV is making some headway

http://service.futuremark.com/servl...ojectdetails&projectType=10&projectId=1713079

me gets...."The project id is not valid - please check the URL."
when I hit your link.

mica
 

snyper1982

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2001
i dont have a problem with the nv cards, i just peronaly wouldnt own one :) but im not gonna bash someone who likes their nv card, that is just completely immature. and my issue with them is not that they have bad iq, becasue, for the most part, you will not notice while playing, but the sorry shader performance.
 

Sentential

Contributing Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Location
Knoxville, TN
....works fine for me

Ill just paste it



System Configuration


General Information
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

DirectX Version 9.0b

Mobo Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Mobo Model GA-7VT600 1394

AGP Rates (Current/Available) 8x / 4x, 8x

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 2334 MHz

FSB 203 MHz

Memory 256 MB



Display Information
Graphics Chipset ATI RADEON 9800 PRO

Driver Name RADEON 9800 PRO

Driver Version 6.14.10.6378

Driver WHQL Certified Yes

Video Memory 128 MB

Core Clock 435 MHz

Memory Clock 321 MHz



Sound Information
Sound Adapter Driver Name VIA AC'97 Audio (WAVE)

Sound Adapter Driver Version 6.14.1.3890



Benchmark Settings
Program Version 3DMark03 Revision 4 Build 0

Resolution [email protected] bit

Texture Filtering Optimal

Pixel Processing / Antialiasing None

Post Processing false

Vertex Shaders Optimal



Main Test Results
3DMark Score 5953 3DMarks

CPU Score 526.0 CPUMarks



Detailed Test Results


Game Tests
GT1 - Wings of Fury 175.1 fps

GT2 - Battle of Proxycon 40.4 fps

GT3 - Troll's Lair 36.2 fps

GT4 - Mother Nature 38.1 fps



CPU Tests
CPU Test 1 56.0 fps

CPU Test 2 9.8 fps



Feature Tests
Fill Rate (Single-Texturing) 1715.1 MTexels/s

Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing) 2825.5 MTexels/s

Vertex Shader 20.8 fps

Pixel Shader 2.0 53.9 fps

Ragtroll 25.9 fps



Sound Tests
No sounds Not Supported

24 sounds Not Supported

60 sounds Not Supported
 
OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
cV said:
The heck? :eek:

5900 for $200? Where? :drool:
well was bought here in our classifieds used.
but newegg sells many 5900non ultras for $200 that will oc to speeds past my ultra.i picked this one up as it will hold a decent resale value.

just be wary of some 5900 NON ultra's have crappy ram.
evga non SE version and the albatron pv version are the best deals oc wise.
ive heard the xfx 5900non ultra was decent for ocing and was $189 at newegg a week back or so,

but also as some have stated the 9800np is same price and highley ocable also.might be the better deal for some.

i get 2X the fun outa buying what others dont have so i can play underdog.beating more expensive cards and making people see the other side isnt as bad as what is said.

shader performance could be a big issue.i havent looked at the scores in that area yet.-still at my x's and left my rig up unattended folding.be back this evening tho.and dont find a melted mess on my desk.little over protective ya think?
 

Sentential

Contributing Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Location
Knoxville, TN
Thats the main reason why i got my 9800. Theres some bad voodoo (3dfx:D ) goin on over at NV. Unless they pull a miricle next round, they may never fully recover.

What the need to do is to buy out ATi's RND team with lots of $$$, and beat ATi at their own game. Im sure NV's PR department is capable of doing this
 

Mr. Chambers

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Location
Iowa
nice scores indeed. i agree, its alot of fun to get a not-so-used card and play with it, something funner about being an underdog of sorts.. :p

the only thing i'd be concerned about is nex-gen games... running benchies all day is one thing.. but from what i've all read game devs are having one HECK of a time programming for nvidia cards using dx9..