• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmmm This looks nice but......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

triflux

Disabled
Hey guys, after that crappy ebay auction I got kind of low on cash. so instead of buying a new monitor I decided to by a TV tuner card that allows my tv to work as a monitor. Though I am sure quality will be lost.

I am also not sure if I can get this to work in nix though I have not really got into it. what do you think?

CLICK HERE TO SEE

-----------------------------------------
TVator EXEC is an external PC/MAC to TV scan converter which enables you to view PC or MAC images on virtually any TV. Computer games have never been more vivid or presentations more convincing. Advanced circuitry delivers brilliant, flicker-free display with resolution at up to 1280 x 1024 dpi and refresh rate of 75Hz with 16.7 million colors. The TVator EXEC requires no software and is ready to enjoy right out of the box with 100% compatibility. Antec TVator EXEC with Zoom, Pan, and Sharpness controls is a must for today's presentation professional and power gamer.

I don't know how that'll work, most TVs have a resolution of 640x480 I do believe. 17" refurb monitors can be had for pretty cheap nowadays, I'd recommend so hardcore bargin hunting before you buy this.

And the link didn't show anything for me (Opera?)

Still images can damage some TVs I think.
I would just go for a monitor. I'm sure TVs are limited at about 800x600. Even if the device supports a certain resolution, will the TV?

Ok, this thing doesn't even look like a TV tuner. A TV tuner would be something that lets you watch TV on your PC. This thing looks like it'll put your VGA out to a TV. As such, it should be completely OS-agnostic. The good ones will let you to get most any res out to a TV, just the higher you go, the crappier it looks.

PenguinFreak said:
Still images can damage some TVs I think.
I would just go for a monitor. I'm sure TVs are limited at about 800x600. Even if the device supports a certain resolution, will the TV?

Actually, I think it's only hdTV's that can be damaged by still images. When we bought our 65" flat hdtv, the retailer told us that we shouldn't play video games or anything because still images can severely damage this type of TV.

Tyler

Back