• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hole saw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
what is a hole saw and where can i buy one, i have a dremel alreay..is there an attachment for it?

BinarySuperman

heres a good place to buy a holesaw if u dont live near a loews or homedepot... Click Here thats where i got my holesaw and arbor (piece the attaches to the holesaw and drill)

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
k..i might buy that one that Binary Just linked me to thx

ThePunkGeek

there are many different sizes of holesaws make sure u get the size u want. the kit binarysuperman linked you to looks like its a small if your wanting to make a whole for like a 120mm fan make sure u get 4 or 4.5in

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
PawNtheSandman said:
Make sure you get a hole saw for metal. The less expensive ones are for wood only and will not work on metal.
ok...thanks :)

Slogan

cant u just buy one from the hardware store, use it, and return it :} i need a hole saw badddddddd but i dont have 20 bux to through around right now ( dang girlfriend )

speedy4500

Yeah i just ordered an 89mm DeWalt ($15) bimetal holesaw, and the accompanying 7/16" quick change arbor with pilot drill. I was going to buy a computer modding set of i think 76mm (for 80mm fans), 89 (for 92mm fans), and 119 (for 120mm fans), but it would've cost about $50, too much. Anyhow, I have multiple "customers" waiting for it to arrive. Amazon shipped it out on Monday, so I'm thinking friday for arrival (eh, I'm cheap, pay the least the for the crappiest shipping). Homedepot.com was too tough to navigate so they lost my bizniss.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Once you use it once the paint would be pretty well scratched, so they woudnt take it back. You might want to look into a tool RENTAL place though, they may have what your looking for. Also, if you go to school you may be able to use something in your schools metal shop, rather than buying one for a single use.

Jmmsbnd007

Registered
elekt said:
first off thats illegal,
second they dont want sum ****ed up saw back.
It's illegal to return something?
Get a bi-metal holesaw, you'll appreciate it in the end. I hope you have a high-torque drill too, a 4.5" holesaw takes a lot...

OSUmaxx

Hey guys, quick related question. I can't find a 120 (or 4 3/4") DeWalt hole saw in stock anywhere online. Anyone know where to find one? Amazon is out.

Jmmsbnd007

Registered
OSUmaxx said:
Hey guys, quick related question. I can't find a 120 (or 4 3/4") DeWalt hole saw in stock anywhere online. Anyone know where to find one? Amazon is out.
You could go to Lowe's... I know they have some bi-metal holesaws but the one near my house does not carry dewalt holesaws (but they will order them for you...).