• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

holesaw on the premod chieftec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryuen

my friend has the chieftec with a pre modded window. he asked me if i could do a 120mm on the side. currently i dont have tools for this kinda mod, but a drill press. so im thinking if i bought something like

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2530531974&category=42337

so im thinking of using that and hook it up to the drill press and do the window. ive searched on the forums, but there are too many mixed opinions that i have no idea what to do. some say dont do it, while others say its a piece of cake.

no idea. help me out. plus will that one on ebay work?

fdoggiedog

Hello.... I got one very similar to that one, only mine is for 80mm fans. It worked very well for me and I used acrylic not plexi. I just went nice and slow and not appling much pressure to the drill.

good luck
fdoggiedog

btw I used a Dewalt 12v cordless drill

Randall

Don't go too fast; I'd be more worried about melting the plexi/acrylic then breaking it. I think, back in the day when my parents made front panels for soda machines, my old man used a wood hole saw to do little cutouts and stuff. I think if you took one of those and went really slowly, you'd be going down the path to success. Oh, and in case you forgot, GO SLOWLY!

OP
ryuen

ryuen

argh its hard to find 4 1/2 sizes on ebay. are there any alternative sizes. because some guides ive seen 4 1/4 and all. what sizes should i look at besides 4 1/2?

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
I found that the best spot for hole saw is a plumbing store, they have a lot to choose from.