• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holiday Games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buffheman

So I'm the guy that all of my casual PC gamer friends come to around this time year to help stock their xmas list with games to play for the year. But I got nothing this year...

All I can recommend is L4D2 or Dragon Age. Problem is, they're not really multiplayer guys and prefer quick to action games... which kind of rules out both of those. Although with the new style of Bioware rpgs and the fact that L4D is freakin sweet, I may be able to convince them to head down those paths for the first time.

But let's assume I fail at that. Normally I'd recommend some FPS (Crysis or Call of Duty, which is out this year cause of the supposed 5 hour SP campaign) or an RTS or something. So, what games would you recommend for SP casual gamers who for some reason have pretty good machines? Cause those are my friends... I don't get them either. Maybe I'll just tell them to get consoles...

Oh, I just made myself sad, realizing that the sort of gamers my friends are no longer have a place in this world. And how come there isn't a good FPS on the horizon for the holiday season? What is happening?!

Last edited:

TheGreySpectre

edit: realized you meant PC.
hmmmm for just SP there is dragon age and... dragon age? Assassins Creed 2 is coming out on consoles, but it will not be until Q1 2001 for PC. Mass Effect 2 comes out like 3 weeks after xmas. MW2 has pretty much eclipsed all other FPS news as of late.

OP
B

buffheman

Ah, I edited my post above to make it clear. They don't even have consoles. Also I just thought of Batman:AA... how could I have overlooked that! That game is fantabulous.

lordkosc

ugh the assassins creed move still ****es me off, especially since they said it would be a simultaneous platform release.