• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy Crud! My Sandra score sucks!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DiesMardi

Registered
Something has to be very wrong.

I am running an AMD XP 1700+
IWill XP333
512 mb of OCZ pc3000 at 2.5 cas

My Sandra score was:

-------

(rough estimates of course)

I am new to all this, but I know enough to know that that sucks!!!!

Any ideas anyone??? I have been through the Bios but I don't necassarily know what to look for. When I make subtle changes often times the computer when boot up. The system does recognize the memory at 334. What am I doing wrong here.

Those scores seem very low! If you hadn't said you had DDR I would have guessed it was sdram. Are you sure it wasn't 2300/2300? Whats your fsb at? Make sure you have the memory speed set to 133(PC2100) or if your board supports PC2700 try 166. OCZ has a bad reputation for selling memory that performs poorly and in many cases will not even hit rated speeds. I don't know if that kind of thing could cause such low memory scores. You should also try some aggressive timings. The memory options should be in Advanced Chipset Features.

Thanks for the reply

My mobo is rated to take pc3000 memory.

The IWill Bios seems different from others. Quick example: How do I increase my fsb? I can't figure it out on this Bios. I have read plenty of posts on it, but I can't relate it to my settings. I'll reboot and try and write down some examples.

Here are some examples

DRam CAS select: (Auto)
other options were: 2.5ddr/3sdr or 2ddr/2sdr

DRam performance: (Auto)
other options were: failsafe, slow, normal, fast, ultra, ultra2

Ram BIU Input Bypass mode: cas 2.5
other options were: disable or cas 2

At Bus Clock: Clk 2/4
other options were: 7.16 mhz, 2/2, 2/3, 2/5, 2/6

What version of sandra are you running?

I was reading very low because I was running 2001se, you will want to be using 2002se.

You set the fsb in the iwill smart settings section of the bios.
Cpu clock. It alway's defaults to 100 even with a 266 cpu.
One of those strange things.

well dude i'm in the same boat as you. i also have Ocsystem memory wich is the same as ocz. and it's slow. i only get around 1900 on my score. with everything set at top perfomence. it's just bad memory, to bad Corsair Xms at cas 2 ddr3200 wasn't out when bought it. the only thing i can tell you is live with it like i'm doing untill you can afford some real ram.

Back