• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home PNA network???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDXNC

because of wierd circumstances which I won't get into here, my parents place and my mom's friend accross the road has a phone line is the ground which goes directly from one house to the other... in all, the 2 houses are at most 300 feet apart, now they both have computers, my mom & her friend, and just for the hell of it, i bought a pair of Diamond homefree PNA PCI network cards.. they use regualr phone line and run at 1 Mbit... not speedy but comparable to some broadband connections. Anyway, my idea is to put 1 of these cards in each of the comps and hook them up to that old phone line,which i know is still functional. So does anyone know if they will work at this distance so my mom & her friend can share music and stuff? I know is nothing fancy but I got bot cards for $5 so I thought it would be fun to try.