• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

homeworld 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chocobo

Anyone know if this game is good? because i have played the first one with the expansion and it is freakin awsome.

DayUSeX

yeah if you loved the expansion you will love number 2. The gfx are updated but by nowhere near what the developers said it would be. Basically more of the same, with new formations, gui and whatnot. I enjoyed it alot!

R0CK3TM4NN

I don't think so...even still, everything is scalable. HW2 is not one of those games that you absolutely need the graphics to enjoy. Very good game in general.

However...for some reason I'm not breaking 10 FPS..and I got a 9800 pro. The Demo ran this game flawlessly. I upgraded from Cat 3.7 drivers to cat 3.9 and the FPS's improved, but aren't nearly as good as the demo. What's up with that?

Do the cat 3.9 drivers suck in general? My 3dMark2003 scores dropped almost 2000 points!

seamadan000

I have seen many a game that get similar results from the 3,9cats. This is observations from the forums, and not personal experience, but I know the 3.9s have had some problems in other games (deus ex II comes to mind, but I think there are more). So you may want to try some older drivers.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
i loved the first one and i liked to a slighly lesser degree catalism but i havent seen much for homeworld 2