• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hooking up 2 subwoofers in a series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TerroH8er

Ok, here's the deal. I've got Z-560s. I got new speakers back from an RMA, and they let me keep the old subwoofer and speakers, although they made me cut off the power cord and send it back to them, but that should be easy to put back on. Anyway, I want more bass :p Is there any way to hook up 2 subwoofers with only one control unit? So I could have 2 subs going on one puter?

BTW - the reason I RMAed was because of a minor speaker problem, in case you were wondering.

Jonny 2x4

You might be able to. It probably has an internal crossover so if you just hook the bass into a power connection and find a way to hook your new subwoofer and old one to your sound card at the same time, it could possibly work.

OP
TerroH8er

TerroH8er

:confused:

ok i did not get a word anyone said really.. splitter cable? Where at RadioShack would this be? I don't see anything popping out and hitting me in the face while at radioshack.com under splitter cable.

and no, they didn't make me send in the speaker, which works perfectly fine, it was the speaker output on the subwoofer, which I later realized is a flaw with all Z560s (i think?? cause my new one has the same thing, but I didn't send it back)

the problem was that the rear-right speaker was faint at fairly low volumes.

BigJk-47

Just hard wire it into the other woofer,thats what I would do...Im eventually gonna hook up a 500watt amp to mine.hehe.