• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HookingUp PlayStation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kid Payne

I have a friend that doesnt have an AV receiver, but he told me that cable/DVD/VCR is hooked up to his old TV. How can he hook up the PS1 so he doesnt have to unplug wires from the back?

Sony makes a device to plug the cable (RG-85) from his cable box? to the tv. Its really simple and quite effective. You can find it at Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack and many other countless places. What it does is make an extension of the female end of the RG85 coming out from the tv and has places to plug all of those devices into it, or most of them. If he has a vcr, he should be able to plug his DVD into that and just put the vcr on line in. He could also do that with the playstation. I'd need to know a bit more about what he has, ie rca jacks on the tv, dvd and vcr.

Thanks for the reply Doc

Hmm, I dont really know what his TV is like or all of his components for that matter. He's away this week, but I'll tell him about the plug you mentioned. I dont own any consoles so I really have no idea what the Playstation needs.

my parents use something like this(A/V 3-way selector ) on their armoir, and is nice when my little brother wants to hook up his ps2. their's is a 4 button one though and has no edit feature so may be cheaper if you can find that instead.

nerd,

that's exactly what he's looking for. The price is not bad at all if it's going to solve his problem. Thanks much!

Back