• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hope I'm not bugging too much :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo86

So I've narrowed it down to a BlackIce Xtreme or a Heater Core.

Which of the two would you suggest?

I am not sure of the performance of either one mainly because I haven't seen any reviews.

P.S. Are these good temps for a Duron [email protected] 1.85v?

This is using my new DD maze2, Eheim 1250, and Super Cube

Case Temp:23*C (idle and load)
Cpu Load:42*C
Cpu Idle:27*C (I use software cooling)

Last edited:

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
The Black ice is a very nice radiator but a heater core is tough to beat. If you can afford it get the black ice but I doubt it will be much better if any than a heater core. Is this for the sytem you listed? Why not keep the Super Cube? The temps seem a little high. What kind of fans do you have on the radiator?

OP
N

neo86

I have a 3000 RPM 85 CFM Fan on the radiator. I can feel the air on the other getting sucked in so I didn't that would be a problem.

I checked the seating of the block and the springs are pushed all the way down (the processor isn't cracked :)).

I tried removing the block and it seems the cpu is making contact because of the big square ArcticSilver mark. :)

I still believe it is the rad. Mine's a bit damaged so I want to exchange it for something else.

OP
N

neo86

It's the area where the plastic nozzles are attached to the cube. One of them has been flattened some how. I didn't think too much of it till I started getting really crappy temps, but couldn't find out what was wrong!