• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hosting onto a raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
cack01

cack01

sorry pressed wrong button. Is it possible to ghost onto a raid. I'm assuming yes.
Also is there anything better than Norton Ghost?
thanks

Xaotic

Very kind Senior
Ghost can load images onto a RAID without any problems. I run an image server at work that uses a Ghost application for preloading machnes. As to Ghosting from a RAID array to another storage device, it becomes much more difficult to establish the parameters, as I haven't tried it yet. In our normal usage, the images are loaded by using a floopy boot to network share, and Ghost can be quite particular about the disk structure on the machine being loaded. At a minimum, I would expect that you would been a custom boot disk with the RAID drivers and current configuration, if using it within a single machine. Most likely, you'd also need the Corporate version as it will have a more complete selection of operations. Unfortunately, I can't be more clear due to lack of experimentation, since we use DLT tape autoloaders and libraries for our current backup solution.

OP
cack01

cack01

thanks Xaotic now that I know its possible I'm not scared as much. The great thing about ghosting though is that I can screw up as many times as I want. Except if I write over the image.
thanks for you help.