• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hot hot hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tandeme

Registered
hey all! just a couple of newbie questions for ya. I have a celery 566 @ 952 and I want to get more so I am inquiring about pelts someone told me that a 80w would be sufficient for the Intel chip.Is this info wrong? another thing if I got a 80w could I cool the hot side of it with my alpha pal? I could go water cooling if I had too. anyone know of places to buy water cooling stuff? another thing would I have to worry about condensation? if so what could I do to prevent it. the pelt i am looking at is potted if that makes any difference. I have a 300w power supply so I know i am good on that!one last thing, direct me to how to's regarding pelts and water cooling. i am really good with mechanical stuff so I know I can do this with no problem! thanking you in advance for any help you can lend!!

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
I have been told that 90w or less pelts can be aircooled... but I wouldn't go anything less than a PEP66 with dual Deltas (if possible). To truly reap the benefits of pelts though, I think you would need to go at least 172W watercooled.

SickBoy