• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travioli

Registered
This mouse is litereally hot. I have had a Logitech MX 700 rechargable mouse for a while now and the past few times I have charged it, when I remove it from the charger (whether its compeletly charged or not) the mouse is hot to the touch. I am pretty sure its the batteries that are heating up, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if I need new rechargable battieries, or if its normal. Thanks!

Bensa

travioli said:
This mouse is litereally hot. I have had a Logitech MX 700 rechargable mouse for a while now and the past few times I have charged it, when I remove it from the charger (whether its compeletly charged or not) the mouse is hot to the touch. I am pretty sure its the batteries that are heating up, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if I need new rechargable battieries, or if its normal. Thanks!

Its normal, when current moves through any material with even the slightest resistance, it will warm up.

StreetPharmacy

Or maybe a secret government shipment of plutonium accidentally got directed to the Duracell factory, and your batteries are giving off Gamma radiation....

nah...

Dc5e

i've never noticed it with mine.... maybe you have a faulty one? who knows, but in general thats normal with electronics anyways

OP
travioli

travioli

Registered
Yea, I just don't want to go to use it one day and its oozing battery acid all over the place or something. Do you think a pair of regualr rechargable batteries would work in the mouse, provided its the same voltage? The ones in there now are only 1.2 V each, and I know most batteries are 1.5V.

Dc5e

aren't all rechargable batts like 1.2 and regular batteries 1.5v? anyways what part of the mouse gets hot? the batteries?

Dubbin1

The ones in there now are only 1.2 V each, and I know most batteries are 1.5V.

Alkaline batteries are 1.5 but when you get into NiMH then they are 1.2 volts each which is probably what is in your mouse. That or nicads.

OP
travioli

travioli

Registered
I am pretty sure its the batteries that get hot, but I can feel the heat on my hand when I use the mouse, I will charge it again tonight and check for the heat more closley, and if it is the batteries, I might just get some new rechragable ones to put in and see what happens. Thanks for all the help everyone!