• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot pursuit 2 would not load, get black screen and freeze

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boonmar

I have the last bios for my motherboard and the latest driver for my Radeon 9700. I don't have problems with other games. UT2003 runs great. But after installing Hot Pursuit 2, when I go to launch the game after I installed, all I get is a black screen and an hourglass. I can't do any else. Have to reset my computer. After reboot, I launched the game again and get "a file or registry may be corrupted, need to reinstall"
message. I clicked on uninstall and when I clicked OK to uninstall, it doesn't do anything. It just take me out the the my desktop.

rb26dett

Disabled
Did you buy it ?? if not which release did you download ??
Because the 1st release by DEViANCE was nuked because it was infected with a virus.

OP
B

boonmar

UT2003 runs great on my new system. What I thought was interesting was that I have the same issue with GTA3. The directX version that came with the GTA3 was 8.1. I had 8.1b. I get the same black screen and hourglass. I don't know if it is Radeon 9700 that is causing the problem. The box shows the cards that is supported. For ATI Redeon, it rages from 7000 all the way to 9000. But no 97000. Wondering if that is the issue.