• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How are my temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDluvr

Registered
I just built a 955BE system and my idle temp is at 33-36*c, is this where I should be? I'm using the stock heat sink and Arctic Silver 5, the case is not the best fro airflow (no front fan) but I'm looking to replace in in the next month or so its left over from a 3yr old Opteron build I did.

Al so I hear i should keep my temps under 57c when over clocking at load, is this accurate?

Know Nuttin

Ideally, under 55c at full load.
However, I don't see why idle load temps are of any real concern, what are your load temps now? You don't sit at idle all day with the PC?

QuietIce

Disabled
You should keep your load CPU temp at 55°C or less for the best overclock and 60°C or less at any time. Idle temps mean very little and never have, it's the load temp that counts. Prime95 and CoreTemp make a good program combination for testing load temp as does OCCT by itself ...

OCCT
Prime95
CoreTemp