• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How bendable are usb 3.0 case cables?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antisthenes

Registered
Got a Cooler Master Elite 110, and had to bend its usb 3.0 cables to make it fit between the radiator fan and the motherboard, so wonder how much one can bend it without weakening signals. Worried I bent it too much, because I took my rather thin finger where the cable is attached to the plug that goes into to mobo socket, and bent the cable 90 degrees around the finger. Only way to attach the radiator fan above the cable. So did I break it?

Had to bend the 24-pin psu cable also, but the 90 degree curve was only about half as brutal as the usb 3.0. Did I break that?

And one last noob question: accidentaly touched the underside of the golden "fin" on the Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM. By underside I mean the bottom of the fin, not the golden sides of it. Did I break it?

This is my first build, so really appreciate help :)

The USB cable will be fine. If you're worried about it, just test it once you have the system running.

You won't hurt RAM by touching it.

Back