• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How bout a Peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

future

Registered
I'm just pondering about getting a cheap little peltier and putting in between my H/S and CPU.

Is this a good idea?

If so where can I get the best deal on one?

hooziewhatsit

What cpu and hsf do you have?

I'm not certain about this, but if you get too small of a peltier, it won't be able to move all the heat your cpu is putting out, so your temps will actually go up. If you want to get a peltier, you almost need to go all out with that and a watercooling system.

just my 2 bits...

ken257

If you have an AMD this would be a bad idea as they put out to much heat for an air cooled pelt. You would need 1 or 2 large pelts and water cooling. But on a Celeron or P3(puts out far less heat then AMD) you can get away with an 80w pelt, a cold plate and a good HSF. While water would be better you can still get some decent gains on air.

It_The_Cow

Durons are ok. A 72 or 80 watter should do the job. Leufkentechnologies.com has some kits available. If your heatsink is good, you should be fine